美文网首页
给2016的一封信,历数痛心和温暖时刻

给2016的一封信,历数痛心和温暖时刻

作者: Ninfa女巫 | 来源:发表于2017-01-01 12:47 被阅读42次

这是一封来自CNN给2016给的告别信,盘点了这一年来发生的一切。

对于世界而言,2016是糟糕的一年,它带来的失望与痛苦远超快乐。愿我们有一个更好的2017。


Dear 2016: It's over between us

Dear 2016,

亲爱的2016,

Pack your bags; we're done. It was one disappointment after another with you.

收拾你的行礼,我们之间结束了。跟你在一起的日子,是一个接一个的失望。

Just how bad were you? Let us count the ways.

究竟你有多糟糕?我们来数一数。

You just took and took and took, 2016  

     2016,你带走一个又一个生命

CNN盘点2016我们失去的名人

You took Prince, Bowie, Cohen.

你带走了“王子”,鲍威,科恩。

You took Pat Conroy and Harper Lee. Muhammed Ali and Arnold Palmer.

你带走了派特·康洛伊,以及哈珀·李。还有穆罕默德·阿里和阿诺德·帕尔默。

You took Gene Wilder, Alan Rickman and Carrie Fisher.

你带走了吉恩·怀尔德、阿兰·里克曼和凯丽·费雪。

John Glenn lived enough life for three people as a history-making astronaut, presidential candidate and US senator. You took him, too.

约翰·格伦经历了三种人生,是创造历史的宇航员、总统候选人以及美国参议员。你也带走了他。

No matter what your politics, you can't deny that Antonin Scalia, Tom Hayden, Janet Reno and Nancy Reagan made a difference in their lifetimes.

无论你的政治倾向如何,你不能否认安东宁·斯卡利亚、汤姆·海登、珍妮特·雷诺和南希·里根在一生中为世界带来了影响。

They're all gone, too, because of you.

因为你,他们都走了。

2016,you unleashed hell

    2016,你释放了灾难

The numbers are just mind-boggling:

这些数字太过令人震惊:

More than 80 in the Nice truck attack.

超过80人死于尼斯卡车袭击。

44 dead in the Istanbul airport blast.

44人死于伊斯坦布尔机场爆炸。

32 in the Brussels bombings.

32人死于布鲁塞尔爆炸事件。

49 in Orlando, in the deadliest mass shooting in US history.

49人丧生于奥兰多枪击事件,在美国历史上枪击案件中死亡人数最多。

Cops shot and killed black men in Louisiana and Minnesota. A sniper killed five Dallas officers, the deadliest single incident fatality for US law enforcement since 9/11.

在路易斯安纳州和明尼苏达州,警察枪杀黑人。一个狙击手杀死五名达拉斯警察,这是自911以来美国执法过程中当中单次事件死亡人数最多的案件。

And the bloody, brutal Syrian civil war just dragged on. Those who were able to flee risked death in the Mediterranean's unforgiving waters, where more people died this year than ever.

不止如此,血腥残酷的叙利亚内战一直在持续。那些得以逃亡的人冒死横渡危险无情的地中海,今年在这片海域死亡的人数远超以往。

You dished out a lot of misery

     你带来了太多痛苦

It's impossible to candy-coat it, 2016. When it came to misery, you went full-throttle.

我实在没办法美化你,2016。可说到制造痛苦,你可真算是马力全开。

You forced thousands from their homes with historic flooding in Europe, in North Korea and in Louisiana, the worst in the United States since Hurricane Sandy.

你给欧洲、朝鲜和路易斯安纳州带来历史上难得一见的大洪水,逼迫成千上万人流离失所。自从飓风桑迪以来,路易斯安纳州的洪水是美国历史上最严重的自然灾害。

You created Haiti's worst humanitarian crisis this decade with Hurricane Matthew. And Ecuador still hasn't recovered from the quake in April that killed more than 600.

你利用飓风马修制造了海地近十年来最严重的人道主义危机。而厄瓜多尔仍旧沉浸在今年4月那场制造了600余人死亡的地震带来的伤痛中,没能恢复过来。

You brought trouble to the skies, too.

不仅如此,你给天空也带来了灾难。

In May, everyone aboard an EgyptAir plane died when it crashed into the Mediterranean. We still don't know why.

今年五月,埃及航空一架航班在地中海坠毁,飞机上无一人幸免。而我们至今仍未找到事故发生的原因。

In November, a jet carrying a Brazilian soccer team crashed in Colombia, killing 71.

11月,巴西一个足球队乘坐的一架喷气式飞机坠毁在哥伦比亚,造成71人死亡。

As if all that isn't enough, you broke the record for the hottest months ever.

好像这还不够似的,你还带来了史上最炎热的季节。

You tore us apart, 2016

     你将我们分裂,2016

We're glad the elections are over, but the wounds you inflicted will take a long time to heal.

很高兴选举结束了,但你带来的伤口还需要很长时间才能愈合。

给2016的一封信,历数痛心和温暖时刻

Republican Donald Trump won the Electoral College and the White House. Democrat Hillary Clinton won the popular vote. And America's torn in half and uncertain of the path ahead. Britain's no better with Brexit.

共和党人唐纳德·特朗普赢得了大选和总统宝座,民主党人希拉里赢得了普选。美国被分成两半,不确定未来的路在何方。而英国因为脱欧也没好到哪里去。

But hey 2016, we'll give  you this

     但是2016,这是我们给你的肯定

You get props for getting some things right, like the brightest supermoon since 1948. The first Word Series win for the Cubs in 108 years. And you did a solid for the McDonald family, whose conjoined twins were successfully separated after a 27-hour surgery.

你也做了一些好事,值得肯定。比如你带来了自1948年以来最明亮的超级月亮。芝加哥小熊队108年以来第一次夺冠。而且你帮了麦克唐纳家一个大忙,他们家里的连体婴儿在27 小时的手术后成功分离。

You gave us some much-needed laughter from Chewbacca Mom and two joyful weeks of Olympic thrills.

你让楚巴卡妈妈给我们带来了期待已久的笑声,也让奥林匹克运动会精彩刺激的赛事给我们带来两周欢乐的时光。

楚巴卡妈妈成为网红

Oh, and during your watch, the US unemployment rate sank to 4.6%, the lowest in 10 years.

噢,在你的看管下,美国失业率降至4.6%,是美国十年以来最低。

So yeah, you were better than, say, the year the bubonic plague took hold in Europe, eventually killing a third of the population. But that was 1348.

所以是的,比起霍乱病毒袭击欧洲最终使人口减少三分之一的那一年,你确实要好一些。可那是在1348年啊。

You couldn't go quietly, could ya, 2016? You were mean until the end. A man who pledged allegiance to ISIS plowed a truck through a crowded Berlin Christmas market, killing 12.

你就不能安安静静地离开对吗?2016?最终你还是那样不近人情。就在前几天,一个效忠于ISIS的人开着卡车闯进柏林人潮拥挤的圣诞市场,造成12人死亡。

The best part of you, 2016, is December 31 — the day you slink out of town.

2016,你最好的那一部分就是12月31号,就是你偷偷离开的那一天。

Let's hope 2017 is as good as you were bad.

希望2017年的好和你的坏一样多。

Sincerely,

The world.

世界敬上


对于刚刚过去的2016,你有什么想法呢?

相关文章

  • 给2016的一封信,历数痛心和温暖时刻

    这是一封来自CNN给2016给的告别信,盘点了这一年来发生的一切。 对于世界而言,2016是糟糕的一年,它带来的失...

  • 三正记录打卡第68天

    一 大儿子给弟弟写了一封信!让我无比的欣慰和温暖! 这是我最想...

  • 温暖的时刻

    夜深了 黑漆漆一片 只剩下灯光孤独的闪耀着 闪烁着 彷惶着 发现世界一片冰冷 冰冻着你的心 你好像听到了牲畜的一声...

  • 温暖的时刻

    好鲜艳的玫瑰!那么大一朵,丝缎般厚重的花瓣,层层叠叠地舒展,在尾端优雅地卷起,像极了轻提裙摆,准备舞会的少女。墨绿...

  • 温暖的时刻

    生活可以简单的快乐,想吃什么的时候,一下子就可以吃到的美味。想见一个人的时候,她恰好突然站在你的面前。 享受当...

  • 温暖的时刻

    老师稍等,稍等一分钟,上课铃响了,我正准备进教室,却被鬼马精灵的课代表堵在门外。嗯,什么事儿?我强作好气的问也有几...

  • 温暖的时刻

    观察大坪场上的情况:幼儿推着脚推车教小光驾驶,终有一天弟弟会学会的,孩子们所处的世界,温暖的亲情,震撼人心的场景,...

  • 给小菲妈妈的一封信

    指导老师 郭建兰 2016级10班 管朔 给小菲妈妈的一封信 阿姨: 您好! ...

  • 温暖时刻

    经过一周的四处奔波,新店地址终于最终确定,小腿都跑粗了,是谁说跑路多了小腿会变细的… 最近老公的表...

  • 温暖时刻

网友评论

      本文标题:给2016的一封信,历数痛心和温暖时刻

      本文链接:https://www.haomeiwen.com/subject/accivttx.html