Authorship
作家
You say that father writes a lot of books, but what he writes I don’t understand,
你说爸爸写了很多书,但我却不懂他写什么。
He was reading to you all the evening, but could you really make out what he meant?
他整个黄昏读书给你听,但是你真的听懂了吗?
What nice stories, mother, you can tell us! Why can’t father write like that, I wonder?
妈妈,你给我们讲故事,真是很好听! 我很好奇,爸爸为什么不写这样的书呢?
Did he never hear from his own mother stories of giants and fairies and princesses?
难怪他妈妈没有给你讲过巨人和神仙和公主的故事吗?
Has he forgotten them all?
还是他已经全都忘了?
Often when he gets late for his bath you have to go and call him an hundred times.
他常常耽误了洗澡,你不得不去叫他一百多次。
You wait and keep his dishes warm for him, but he goes on writing and forgets.
你总是等他,还让饭菜保温着,但他一直在写作然后忘了。
Father always plays at making books.
爸爸老是以写作为游戏。
If ever I go to play in father’s room, you come and call me, “what a naughty child!”
如果我进去他房间叫爸爸一起游戏,你就会说:”真是个淘气的孩子。 ’
If I make the slightest noise, you say, “Don’t you see that father’s at his work?”
如果我稍微发出一点声音,你就说:”你没有看见爸爸正在工作吗? ”
What’s the fun of always writing and writing?
老是写作写作,有什么好玩呢?
When I take up father’s pen or pencil and write upon his book just as he does,-a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i—why do you get cross with me, then, mother?
当我拿起爸爸的笔或铅笔,像他那样在书上写-a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i—那时,你为什么事生我的气呢,妈妈?
You never say a word when father writes.
爸爸写作时,你从来不说话。
When my father wastes such heaps of paper, mother, you don’t seem to mind at all.
当爸爸用了那么一大堆纸时,妈妈,你似乎不在乎。
But if I take only one sheet to make a boat with, you say,” Child, how troublesome you are!”
但是,如果我只拿一张纸去做船,你却说:”孩子,你真讨厌。 ”
What do you think of father’s spoiling sheets and sheets of paper with black marks all over on both sides?
爸爸拿黑点涂满了纸的两面,浪费了很多纸,你心里又是怎样想呢?
网友评论