美文网首页
英语流利说 Level5 Unit3 Part4-Decisio

英语流利说 Level5 Unit3 Part4-Decisio

作者: karen_ffda | 来源:发表于2020-06-18 16:22 被阅读0次

    Decision-Making Verbs

    决策的动词

    Resume: to continue or start again after a pause .

    (中断后)重新开始:暂停后继续或重新开始。

    After a short interruption, our work resumed and we worked for another hour.

    短暂的中断之后,我们又继续工作了一个小时。

    Work on the project resumed once we passed the safety inspection.

    我们通过安全检查后,工程就重新开工了。

    When we lost electricity everything shut down, but a few minutes later the power returned and we resumed our work.

    停电后,所有的设备都关闭了,但几分钟后,电力又恢复了,我们又开始工作。

    We resume watching the movie as soon as the wireless connection was restored.

    无线连接一恢复,我们就继续看电影。

    The project has been postponed, and we won't resume work until we receive the next payment.

    项目已经延期,我们要等到收到下一笔付款才能开工。


    Interrupt: to stop something in progress.

    中断:停止正在进行的事情。

    I hate to be interrupted when I'm working, but sometimes it's necessary.

    我工作时不喜欢被打扰,但有时这是必要的。

    It's difficult to have a conversation with her because she always interrupts.

    和她谈话很困难,因为她老是插嘴。

    I'm sorry to interrupt, but I think we need to focus on the main problems.

    很抱歉打断一下,我认为我们需要把重点放在主要问题上。

    Be careful not to interrupt the boss when he's speaking.

    注意不要打断老板说话。

    I'm trying hard to concentrate, so please don't interrupt me.

    我正在努力集中注意力,所以请不要打断我。


    Reconsider :to reassess or think again about changing something.

    重新考虑:重新评估或考虑改变某事。

    I was planning to vote against him, but after hearing him speak, I'm going to reconsider.

    我本来打算投他的反对票,但听了他的发言后,我会重新考虑。

    I didn't want to hire her at first, but then I reconsidered and offer her the job.

    起初我不想雇用她,但后来我重新考虑了一下,给了她这份工作。

    I'm glad I reconsidered your plan because it's turning out to be a big success.

    我很高兴重新考虑了你的计划,因为它很成功。

    I'm asking you to reconsider your decision, or I'll have no choice but to sue you.

    我要求你重新考虑你的决定,否则我别无选择,只能起诉你。

    We are planning to sue your company unless you reconsider your decision.

    如果你不重新考虑你的决定,我们打算起诉你的公司。


    Conclude: to reach a decision; to end something or summarize the main points.

    结论:作出决定;结束或总结要点。

    To conclude my presentation, here is a summary of my recommendations.

    在结束我的发言之前,我想总结一下我的建议。

    After hearing arguments for and against the project, we have reached a conclusion.

    在听取了赞成和反对这个项目的意见后,我们得出了结论。

    We have concluded that there are too many risks, so we're going to cancel the project.

    我们认为风险太大,所以我们打算取消这个项目。

    Given all the evidence we have come to the conclusion that the pilot was not to blame for the accident.

    考虑到所有的证据,我们得出结论,这次事故不应归咎于飞行员。

    In conclusion, I think this new pesticide isn't safe for the environment. 

    总之,我认为这种新杀虫剂对环境不安全。


    Anticipate: to think in advance; to predict what's ahead.

    预期:提前考虑;预测未来。

    I won the game because it was easy to anticipate my opponent's next move.

    我赢了这场比赛,因为很容易预测对手的下一步棋。

    He tried to anticipate what we were going to do, but he was completely wrong, so he lost.

    他试图预测我们将要做什么,但他完全错了,所以他输了。

    I'm anticipating that they won't begin their attack until the weather conditions improve, but they may surprise us.

    我预计在天气好转之前它们不会开始攻击,但它们可能会让我们大吃一惊。

    Given all the evidence we have come to the conclusion that the pilot was not to blame for the accident.

    考虑到所有的证据,我们得出结论,这次事故不应归咎于飞行员。

    Their sales revenues were much less than they anticipated, so they ran out of money.

    他们的销售收入远远低于预期,所以他们把钱花光了。


    Be careful not to interrupt the boss when he's speaking.

    注意不要打断老板说话。

    I've considered and reconsidered your request, but the answer is still no.

    我已经再三考虑了你的要求,但答案仍然是否定的。

    In conclusion, I think this new pesticide isn't safe for the environment.

    总之,我认为这种新杀虫剂对环境不安全。

    The project has been postponed, and we won't resume work until we receive the next payment.

    项目已经延期,我们要等到收到下一笔付款才能开工。

    We are planning to sue your company unless you reconsider your decision.

    如果你不重新考虑你的决定,我们打算起诉你的公司。

    Even though he tried to anticipate our attack, we were able to overwhelm his defenses.

    尽管他试图先发制人,我们还是击溃了他的防线。

    After a short interruption, our work resumed and we worked for another hour.

    短暂的中断之后,我们又继续工作了一个小时。

    I was planning to vote against him, but after hearing him speak, I'm going to reconsider.

    我本来打算投他的反对票,但听了他的发言后,我会重新考虑。

    After hearing arguments for and against the project, we have reached conclusion.

    在听取了赞成和反对这个项目的意见后,我们得出了结论。

    I hate to be interrupted when I'm working, but sometimes it's necessary.

    我工作时不喜欢被打扰,但有时这是必要的。

    Are you sure you won't reconsider your decision?

    你确定你不会重新考虑你的决定吗?

    We have concluded that there are too many risks, so we're going to cancel the project.

    我们认为风险太大,所以我们打算取消这个项目。

    We resumed watching the movie as soon as the wireless connection was restored.

    无线连接一恢复,我们就重新开始看电影了。

    I'm asking you to reconsider your decision, or I'll have no choice but to sue you.

    我要求你重新考虑你的决定,否则我别无选择,只能起诉你。

    相关文章

      网友评论

          本文标题:英语流利说 Level5 Unit3 Part4-Decisio

          本文链接:https://www.haomeiwen.com/subject/bojptktx.html