Rose: I don't see what all the fuss is about. It doesn't look any bigger than the Mauretania. 我看不出有什么特别。不比莫里塔尼亚号大。
fuss小题大做大惊小怪what all the fuss is about有必要这么麻烦吗 有什么大惊小怪的
Caledon: You can be blase about some things, Rose, but not about Titanic. It's over 100 feet longer than Mauretania, and far more luxurious.你可别小看了它,Rose,泰坦尼克号可不是一般的船。它比莫里塔尼亚号大多了,而且更豪华。
blase: 玩厌了的,be blase about就是小瞧,讨厌
Caledon: Your daughter is far too difficult to impress, Ruth.你的女儿要求还真是高,
Ruth: So this is the ship they say is unsinkable.我听说这是一艘绝对不会沉的船。
Caledon: It is unsinkable. God himself could not sink this ship.连上帝都没法叫它沉。
Porter A: Sir, you have to check your baggage through the main terminal. It's round that way, sir.先生,请您在主码头验行李。在那边,先生。
main terminal: 主码头主站点,注意介词,在站点检查行李,不是at/on,用through
Caledon: I put my faith in you, good sir. Now, kindly see my man.
好吧,我想委托你替我去办一下,善良的先生。现在,我的仆人会告诉你怎么做。
Porter A: Yes, sir. It's my pleasure, sir. If I can do anything at all.
Lovejoy: Yes, right. All the trunks from that car there. Twelve from here…and the safe, to the parlor suite, rooms B-52, 54, 56.好了,来这边。那辆车里的所有行李。这儿还有十二件…还有保险柜,送到头等舱豪华客舱B-52,54,56号房间。
trunk: 衣箱safe: 保险柜 parlor suite: 带有大客厅的套房
Caledon: Ladies, we better hurry. Come along.女士们,我们最好快点走。跟上。
Rose: My coat?我的外套呢?
Trudy: I have it, miss.在我这儿呢,小姐。
Porter B: Queue here for health inspection. All third-class passengers queue here for health inspection. 请排队进行卫生检查。三等舱的乘客请排队进行卫生检查。
网友评论