试着用以下几种方法来避免尴尬:
1、不要道歉 don't opologize.
Whether you're reserved (拘谨),timid(害羞),or just painfully awkward (尴尬),the first thing you need to kniow is that there
is nothing wrong with you ,I can't tell you how often I've heard quiet people apologizinge or making excuses for their own shyness.
无论你遇到多少令人不安的尴尬场合,都要明白——那不是你的错——我看到太多的人为了自己的害羞或是拘谨而道歉。
They end up feeling so quilty 最终感到内疚about missing chances(错失机会( to get out of their comfort zone that they drive themselves crazy .
他们会感觉非常内疚,为没有走出舒适区而抓狂。
Each time ,they miss out on one of these opportunities the pressure and fear begin to build.
每一次,他们会为错失机会,而让压力和担心滋生 。
Until eventually ,things that only seemed a little bit uncomfortable will cause them so much anxiety that they can't do them at all .
最终,事情会慢慢变得不让人舒适,开始焦虑,以致丧失信心。
It might feel like you 're the only one in the room who's struggling wiht this intense pressure.
好像整个世界,只有你在压力下挣扎。
2、避免被定义 avoid definitions
When you've struggled with social anxiety or awkwardness for long enough you've probably started labeling your self as a shy person
如果你长时间处在社交压力下,你很可能自己就把自己定义为“一个害羞的人”。
If you were actually a shy person ,would yiou have instantly come alive when talking to your friend?
你想想,如果你是一个害羞的人,那当面对朋友或是家人的时候,你会不会能讲得眉色飞舞?
Aroud your family ,for example ,you might be talkative ,energetic and goofy .
3、聚焦于别人 Focus on them.
你试图探寻并讲一个笑话来取悦于别人
Are you searching for an entertaining story to tell or maybe a talent to show off?
恰恰相反,你应该表现了出如何喜欢他们
Instead of investing so much energy into making people like you ,you should be focusing on how you can show others that you like them .
不要试图去站在聚光灯下,以为这样就可以锻炼出自己不害羞.
Don't make the mistake of thinging you have to step into the spotlight to escape your shyness.
其实,人们都喜欢谈论他们自己,所以,你可以抓住这一点来转变成你的优势
People generally love to talk about themselves ,so you can and should use that to your advantage.
如果你笑话他人讲的笑话,带着问一些问题,你会给他人留下很好的印象,而不必担心处于被注意的焦点。
If you laught at their jokes and ask a lot of questions ,you'll make a great first impression without having to become the center of attention.
4、避免作比较 avoid comparisons
比较会侵蚀你的自信,让你很难走出舒适区。
5、make lists 列示清单
哪些写在纸片上或是手机备忘录上
Whether you write it on a crap of paper or in your phone.
It's important that you give your list some sort of physical form.
让你的清单物理上可见是至关重要的。
There you should write down all the negative outcomes that you're worried about .
在上面,你写下任何对你的负面担心。
By simply organizing your fears ,many of these situations won't seem nearly as intimidating.
你会发现,仅仅把你的担心写下来,看上去并没有多可怕。
Especially because you can plan ahead to avoid bringing them to life
更重要的是,你能够提前计划去消除你的担心。
6、 repetition 重复
你应该不断创造社交的机会,无论他们会让你多么的不舒服
So you have to keep creating opportunities to be social no matter how uncomfortable they make you .
7、带上一个朋友 bring a friend
为了避免把自己丢到一个社交的深渊,带上一个朋友是一个不错的选择。
If you don't want to throw your self into the deep end ,you can make it easier to socialize by bringing a friend with you.
8、control your environment 掌控你所处的环境
去发现一个环境,你能感觉到主场
Find an environment where yo know you can feel at ease and learn how to be extroverted there.
9、body language 身体语言表现出有力
When you look approcachabe and secure ,other people will treat yo that way
当你看起来亲近稳当,其它人就会认为你平易近人。
So your behavior will naturally rise to meet their expectations
所以,你的行为将自然贴近他们的期望。
10、Teach others 学习教别人
教别人能有效地克服你的害羞
Teaching others how to overcome their shyness can really help you deal with your own .
你读了大量的如何克服害羞如何有效社交的书籍,你也知道害羞不是个好事,可你就是不能避免这种情况
You might be one of those people who has read every article and watched every video ,but still can't
seem to make any progress.
Even if you know exactly what you 're doing wrong you just can't escape the same awkward behaviors.
英文资料摘自:《每日英语听力》APP - 《生活中的科学》
网友评论