Resume: to continue or start again after a pause.
继续(resume):中断后继续或重新开始。
After a short interruption, our work resumed and we worked for another hour.
短暂的中断之后,我们又继续工作了一个小时。
Work on the project resumed once we passed the safety inspection.
我们通过安全检查后,工程就重新开工了。
Interrupt: to stop something in progress.
中断(interrupt):停止正在进行的事情。
I hate to be interrupted when I'm working, but sometimes it's necessary.
我工作时不喜欢被中断,但有时是必要的。
It's difficult to have a conversation with her because she always interrupts.
和她谈话很困难,因为她老是插嘴。
Reconsider: to reassess or think again about changing something.
重新考虑(reconsider):重新评估或考虑改变某事。
I was planning to vote against him, but after hearing him speak, I'm going to reconsider.
我本来打算投他的反对票,但听了他的发言后,我会重新考虑。
I didn't want to hire her at first, but then I reconsidered and offered her the job.
起初我不想雇用她,但后来我重新考虑了一下,给了她这份工作。
Conclude: to reach a decision; to end something or summarize the main points.
做决定(conclude):作出决定;结束某事或总结要点。
To conclude my presentation, here is a summary of my recommendations.
在结束我的发言之前,我想总结一下我的建议。
After hearing arguments for and against the project, we have reached a conclusion.
在听取了赞成和反对这个项目的意见后,我们得出了结论。
Anticipate: to think in advance; to predict what's ahead.
预测(anticipate):提前考虑;预测未来。
I won the game because it was easy to anticipate my opponent's next move.
我赢了这场比赛,因为对手的下一步棋很容易预测。
He tried to anticipate what we were going to do, but he was completely wrong, so he lost.
他想要预测我们将要做什么,但他完全错了,所以他输了。
网友评论