Chapter 7
第七章
Thirty minutes went by. Tracy lay in the dark listening to the breathing of the others.
三十分钟过去了。特蕾西躺在黑暗中,听着那三个人的呼吸声。
Across the cell, Paulita whispered, "Mama's gonna give you some real lovin' tonight. Take off your nightgown, baby."
牢房那一边,波利塔低声说:“老娘今晚要好好疼疼你。宝贝儿,把睡衣脱下来。”
"We're gonna teach you how to eat pussy, and you'll do it till you get it right," Lola giggled.
“我们要教你怎么摆姿势,直到你学会为止。”洛拉咯咯地笑着说。
Still not a word from the black woman. Tracy felt the rush of wind as Lola and Paulita came at her, but Tracy was ready for them. She lifted the piece of metal she had concealed in her hand and swung with all her might, hitting one of the women in the face. There was a scream of pain, and Tracy kicked out at the other figure and saw her fall to the floor.
那黑人女人仍然没有作声。特蕾西感到迎面吹来一股风,洛拉和波利塔朝她扑过来。但是特蕾西早已作好准备,她举起藏在手里的铁棍,用尽全身力气砸在其中一个女人的脸上。传来一声惨叫,接着,特蕾西抬脚朝另一个人影踢去,那人翻倒在地上。
"Come near me again and I'll kill you," Tracy said.
“再敢靠近我,我就杀了你们。”特蕾西说。
"You bitch!"
“你这臭婊子!”
Tracy could hear them start for her again, and she raised the piece of metal.
特蕾西听到她们又朝她扑来,她举起了铁棍。
Ernestine's voice came abruptly out of the darkness. "Tha's enough. Leave her alone."
突然,黑暗中传来欧内斯廷的声音:“够了。别再惹她。”
"Ernie, I'm bleedin'. I'm gonna fix her---"
“欧里,我流血了。我得报仇。”
"Do what the fuck I tell you."
“他妈的,听我的。”
There was a long silence. Tracy heard the two women moving back to their bunks, breathing hard. Tracy lay there, tensed, ready for their next move.
长时间的沉默。特蕾西听到那两个女人呼哧带喘地回到她们的床上。特蕾西躺在那里,全身绷得紧紧的,准备对付她们的下一步行动。
Ernestine Littlechap said, "You got guts, baby."
欧内斯廷-利特尔查普说:“宝贝儿,你是好样的。”
Tracy was silent.
特蕾西没有吭声。
"You didn't sing to the warden." Ernestine laughed softly in the darkness. "If you had, you'd be dead meat."
“你没向监狱长告状。”黑暗中,欧内斯廷轻轻地笑了,“否则,你早就变成鬼了。”
Tracy believed her.
特蕾西相信她说的话。
"Why di'n' you let the warden move you to another cell?"
“你为什么不让监狱长把你转到别的牢房?”
So she even knew about that. "I wanted to come back here."
她竟然连这个都知道了。“我想回这儿来。”
"Yeah? What fo'?" There was a puzzled note in Ernestine Littlechap's voice.
“是吗?为什么?”欧内斯廷的声调带着一丝迷惘。
This was the moment Tracy had been waiting for. "You're going to help me escape."
这正是特蕾西一直在等待的机会:“你可以帮我越狱。”
网友评论