美文网首页百钻公会简友广场想法
313、英语小故事(英汉对照)“在那个美术馆里”

313、英语小故事(英汉对照)“在那个美术馆里”

作者: 阁香书院 | 来源:发表于2021-04-16 10:10 被阅读0次

    In That Art Museum

    One afternoon I toured an art museum while waiting for my husband to finish a business meeting.

    一天下午,我在等自己丈夫开会结束的时候去逛了一家美术馆。

    I was looking forward to a quiet view of the art works.

    我期待着能安静地欣赏这些艺术品。

    A young couple viewing the paintings ahead of me chatted non-stop between themselves.

    一对在我前面看画的年轻夫妇不停地聊着天。

    I watched them for a moment and decided the wife was doing all the talk.

    我注视了他们一会儿,觉得是妻子一直在说话。

    I admired the husband's patience for putting up with her continuous talk.

    我钦佩那位丈夫耐心地忍受她没完没了的谈话。

    Distracted by their noise, I moved on.

    他们的噪音分散了我的注意力,我只好走开。

    I met with them several times as I moved through the different rooms of art.

    当我在不同的艺术品展室走动时,我遇见他们好几次。

    Each time I heard her constant burst of words, I moved away quickly.

    每次我听到她滔滔不绝地说个不停,我就赶紧走开。

    I was standing at the counter of the museum gift shop making a purchase when the couple came near to the exit.

    我正站在美术馆礼品店的柜台前买东西,这时这对夫妇走到了出口附近。

    Before they left, the man reached into his pocket and pulled out a white object.

    在他们离开之前,那男人把手伸进口袋,掏出一个白色的东西。

    He extended it into a long stick and then tapped his way into the coatroom to get his wife's jacket.

    他把那个东西伸成一根长棍子,然后轻叩着拐杖走进衣帽间,去拿他妻子的夹克。

    "He's a brave man." The clerk at the counter said, "Most of us would give up if we were blinded at such a young age.

    “他是个勇敢的人。” 柜台服务员说,“如果我们这么年轻就瞎了,大多数人都会放弃的。

    During his recovery, he made a promise that his life wouldn't change.

    在他康复期间,他承诺他的生活不会发生变化。

    So, as before, he and his wife come in whenever there's a new art show."

    所以,和以前一样,每当有新的艺术展,他和他的妻子就会来。”

    "But what does he get out of the art?" I asked, "He can't see."

    “但是他从艺术中得到了什么呢?” 我问,“他又看不见。”

    "Can't see? You're wrong. He sees a lot. More than you or I do." The clerk said, "His wife describes each painting so he can see it in his head."

    “看不见?你错了。他比你我看得多。” 店员说,“他的妻子把每幅画都描述了一遍,这样他就能在脑海里看到了。”

    I learned something about patience, courage and love that day.

    那天,我学到了耐心、勇气和爱。

    I saw the patience of a young wife describing paintings to a person without sight and the courage of a husband who would not allow blindness to change his life.

    我看到一位年轻的妻子耐心地向一个失明的人描述画作,也看到一位丈夫不允许失明改变自己生活的勇气。

    And I saw the love shared by two people as I watched this couple walk away hand in hand.

    当我看着这对夫妻手牵手离开的时候,我看到了两人之间的爱。

    相关文章

      网友评论

        本文标题:313、英语小故事(英汉对照)“在那个美术馆里”

        本文链接:https://www.haomeiwen.com/subject/mvtfcltx.html