Jeremy and Anna are both tennis fans. Since Jeremy doesn't need to work overtime this Sunday,Jeremy and Anna are watching Wimbledon together at Jeremy's place.
杰里米和安娜都是网球迷。因为杰里米这个星期天不需要加班,所以杰里米和安娜在杰里米家一起看温布尔登网球公开赛。
Anna & Jeremy
Anna:Jeremy及Albert的朋友,在一所国际学校教书
Jeremy:Albert的同事兼好友
Jeremy: Look at that strong groundstroke! Andy Murray will definitely win this match!
杰里米: 看那有力的落地击球! 安迪·穆雷一定会赢得这场比赛!
Anna: No wonder he is currently ranked the No.1 men's singles player.
安娜: 难怪他现在是男子单打第一。
Jeremy: Yeah,I don't think he'll face much of a challenge until the semifinals.
杰里米: 是的,我认为他在半决赛之前不会面临太多挑战。
Anna: Did you know that When I was younger,I practiced tennis with a professional coach almost everyday. I could have become a professional tennis player.
安娜: 你知道吗?我年轻的时候,几乎每天都和专业教练练习网球。我本可以成为一名职业网球运动员。
Jeremy: Oh really? What happened? Why didn't you?
杰里米: 真的吗?发生了什么事?你为什么没有呢?
Anna: Well,I had a serious shoulder injury when I was 13. The doctor said if I kepy playing tennis,I might only be able to use one arm for the rest of my life.
安娜: 嗯,我13岁的时候肩膀受了重伤。医生说如果我继续打网球,我的余生可能就只能用一只胳膊了。
Jeremy: Wow,that's pretty serious. But you know,if you had become a professional tennis player,I don't think I would have ever met you.
杰里米: 哇,那很严重。但是你知道,如果你成为了一名职业网球运动员,我想我就不会遇到你了。
Anna: Well,that's true. But I also could've been famous.
安娜: 嗯,这是真的。但我也可以成名。
Jeremy: And I could've been your No.1 fan.
杰里米: 我也可以成为你的头号粉丝。
Anna: Haha,by the way,who's your favorite tennis player? Mine is Serena Williams.
安娜: 哈哈,顺便问一下,你最喜欢的网球运动员是谁?我的是塞雷娜·威廉姆斯。
Jeremy: My idol is Pete Sampras. He's a real tennis legend.
杰里米: 我的偶像是皮特·桑普拉斯。他是一个真正的网球传奇。
Anna: You know what,wanna play tennis with me someday?
安娜: 你知道吗,哪天想和我打网球吗?
Jeremy: I'd love that. But what about your shoulder injury?
杰里米: 我很乐意。但是你的肩膀受伤怎么办?
Anna: Don't worry. A casual tennis game won't kill me.
安娜: 别担心。一场轻松的网球比赛不会要了我的命。
本课生词总结
groundstroke:击落地球,意指在球弹跳一次之后回击
semifinals:n. 半决赛,半决赛阶段
legend:n. 传奇;说明;图例;刻印文字
网友评论