It is Anna's first time going to a gym. She is fascinated by the various exercise equipment there.
这是安娜第一次去健身房。她对那里的各种运动器材很着迷。
Anna & Jeremy:
Anna:Jeremy及Albert的朋友,在一所国际学校教书。
Jeremy: Albert的同事兼好朋友
Anna: Wow! This gym is awesome!
安娜: 哇! 这个健身房太棒了!
Jeremy: I know right? The fitness equipment here is state-of-the-art. I come here for bodybuliding almost every week.
杰里米: 我知道,对吧?这里的健身器材是最先进的。我几乎每周都来这里健身。
Anna: Well,it's the first time going a gym so I'm a little confused.
安娜: 嗯,这是我第一次去健身房,所以我有点困惑。
Jeremy: Don't worry. I'll show you around.
杰里米: 别担心。我带你四处看看。
Anna: What are those bicycles over there for?
安娜: 那边的那些自行车是干什么用的?
Jeremy: They're exercise bikes for spinning classes. You can't ride them outdoors though.
杰瑞米: 那是动感单车班的健身脚踏车。但是你不能在户外骑它们。
Anna: Haha! Got it! Look! Lots of people are jogging on the treadmills by the window.
安娜: 哈哈! 了解! 看! 许多人在靠窗的跑步机上慢跑。
Jeremy: Yeah,those are very popular in the gym.
杰里米: 对,那些在健身房很流行。
Anna: Um...I prefer running in the park so I can enjoy some fresh air.
安娜: 嗯…我更喜欢在公园里跑步,这样我可以呼吸一些新鲜空气。
Jeremy: I guess that's true.
杰里米: 我猜是真的。
Anna: But all the other exercise machines look fascinating and I can't wait to have a try. You won't believe how much weight I gained during winter.
安娜: 但是其他的健身器材看起来都很吸引人,我等不及要试一试了。你不会相信我在冬天增重了多少。
Jeremy: Really? You body shape looks good. Still,more fitness exercise would never hurt.
杰里米: 真的吗? 你的身材看起来不错。不过,多做健身运动也不会有什么坏处。
Anna: I couldn't agree more.
安娜: 我完全同意。
Jeremy: Come on! I'll show you how to use these fancy machines.
杰里米: 来吧! 我将向你展示如何使用这些别致的机器。
Anna: Let's get started!
安娜: 我们开始吧!
本课生词总结
fascinated by:着迷于
various:adj. 各种各样的;多方面的
awesome:adj. 令人敬畏的;使人畏惧的;可怕的;极好的
fitness equipment:健身器材
state-of-the-art:adj. 最先进的;已经发展的;达到最高水准的
bodybuliding:传统健美
spinning:n. 纺线(手艺),纺纱(手艺);动感单车运动
jogging:慢跑
treadmills:n. 跑步机;单调乏味的工作;踏车(treadmill的复数)
网友评论