Candy couldn’t tolerate Dongnan’s bad singing anymore, so she shouted at him, “oh crap, that’s enough!”
Candy不能忍受胡东南的难听的歌声了,于是就对他狂吼:“你够了!”
tolerate /ˈtɑːləreɪt/
v. tolerate somebody/something to accept somebody/something that is annoying, unpleasant, etc. without complaining
容忍某人或某事
Eg. There is a limit to what one person can tolerate.
人的忍耐是有限的
tolerate (somebody/something) doing/being/having something to allow somebody to do something that you do not agree with or like
容忍某人做某件你并不同意的事。
Eg. Their relationship was tolerated but not encouraged.
他们的关系勉强被接受但并不被鼓励。
SYNONYM – put up with somebody/something 容忍某人/某事
Eg. I'm not going to put up with their smoking any longer.
我不会再容忍他们抽烟了。
that’s enough!
你够了!停!(用于高速某人别再继续某种不好的行为)
Eg. That’s enough! Your singing is killing me!
你够了!你唱歌要命!
it's killing me = It’s making me very anxious, it’s driving me crazy.
让我特别焦虑;快把我逼疯了。
It’s killing me is best used to describe your feelings when you really want to know something, but you can’t get the answer, or if you need something, but you can’t get it.
It’s killing me最好的是用于形容:当你想知道某件事的时候,却得不到答案;当你需要什么的时候,却得不到。
Eg. The situation with my girlfriend is killing me. I asked her to marry me three days ago, but she won’t give me an answer.
我女朋友的事快把我逼疯了。我三天前向她求婚,她却一直不给我答案。
网友评论