因为爱,爸爸给了我
For the love my father gave to me
我无以回报
I did not give him due.
年纪小,这份礼物的价值,我不知道
As child, I didn't know the value of the gift.
长大后,用成人的脑袋,无法思考
As man, became too hard, too like a man.
现在,我儿子长大成人,爱传给他
My son grows to manhood now, loved with passion,
在父亲的心中,和别人不一样,他是个宝
as no other, present in his father's heart.
我曾经接受的东西,现在付出
I give of that which I once took, to one from
这来自不再回来的人,没法回赠。
whom it did not come, nor is it given back.
当儿子长大成人,像男人一样思考,
When he becomes a man, thinking as a man,
他将像我一样,踏上自己的路途。
he will, as I, follow his own path.
我给他的爱,他会交给他的儿子
I'll watch, with longing free from envy as
我注视他,带着渴望而没有嫉妒。
he gives on to his own son the love I gave to him.
我的目光跟随生命的游戏,
My gaze follows the game of life
深入时间的殿堂,
deep through the halls of time—
人人含笑抛出黄金球
each smilingly throws the golden ball,
没有人抛给传球给他的人
and no one throws it back to him from whom it came.
网友评论