A:What's wrong?怎么了?
B: I can't walk. My left foot hurts.我不能走路了,我的左脚受伤了
A:Is it broken? 骨折了吗?
B: I don't know if it's broken, but it sure hurts.我不知道是否骨折,但是它确实受伤了。
Q: What can't he do? He can't walk.
A: There is one way to find out if it's broken. 现在有一个办法知道它是否骨折。
B: How?怎么做?
A:You need to see a doctor. The doctor can X-ray your foot. 你需要看医生。医生可以给你的脚拍X光。
Q: How can they find out his foot is broken? They need to see a doctor.
A: OK, let's go. I can't walk by myself. Can you help me into a taxi? 好的,我们走。我不能自己走路,你能帮我叫个出租车吗?
B: Sure, I'll call a taxi. I'll get you to a hospital as soon as possible. 当然,我去叫出租车。 我尽快带你去医院。
A:Thanks, I sure hope it isn't broken. 谢谢,我希望它没有骨折。
B: We'll find out soon enough.不久我们就能知道。
How are they going to a hospital? They are going to go there by taxi.
Discussing Eating Out
Woman: I don't feel like cooking tonight. Let's go out. 今晚我不想做饭,咱们出去吧。
Man: Where would you like to go? 你想去哪儿?
Woman: I feel like eating some great Italian food. 我想吃意大利菜。
Man: How about AI’s Italian ? It's always good. AI意大利餐厅如何?它一直很好吃。
Q:What does she suggest? She suggests going out to eat.
Woman: We went there last week. Let's try something new. You have no imagination. You always want to go to the same place.我们上个星期刚去过。我们尝试点新地方。你没有想象力,你总是喜欢去同一个地方。
Man: Right, I don't like unpleasant surprises. I just want things to be simple. 是的,我不喜欢不愉快的惊喜。我只想事情简单点 。
Q: What doesn't he like? He doesn't like unpleasant surprises.
Q: Why doesn't she want to go out the Italian? They went there last week.
She says he doesn't have any imagination.
Woman: OK, let’s compromise.好吧,我们相互妥协吧。
Man: What does that mean? What do you mean by compromise?什么意思?你说妥协是什么意思 ?
Woman: Let's go 50-50. This time we'll go someplace new, and next time we can go to one of your favorites.我们各占50。这次我们去新地方,下次我们去你喜欢的地方。
Man: OK, I’ll compromise and meet you halfway.好吧,我妥协给你让步。
Woman: Good, I’ll look for something new and make reservations. 好呀,我去找新地方然后预定。
Q: Where does she suggest they go this time? To someplace new.
Man: Great, let's not go too late. 好吧,不要去太晚。
Woman: I'll make reservations for 8. Is that OK? 我预定8点的,可以吧?
Man: Yes, perfect. 嗯,很好。
Q: She suggests that next time they go to one of his favorites.
Word:
compromise[ˈkɑːmprəmaɪz] v. (为达成协议而)妥协,折中,让步;
eg:I was not going to compromise. 我决不妥协。
halfway[ˌhæfˈweɪ] adv. 在…的中间;在中途;到一半;部分地做(或达到)…;还不错的;过得去的
meet sb halfway 和某人妥协;对某人作出让步
网友评论