- chapter18 -
- If you no longer have a good reason for fighting, stop.
不做无谓的斗争。
- Quality matters more than quantity.
质量比数量重要。
- Better scare a thief than actually catch him.
吓走一个贼比真的抓住他要强。
- Love can blind even the wildest.
再强大都会被爱蒙蔽双眼。
- You may share the work of the great, but you will not share the rewards.
也许你承担了伟大的工作,但你不会分享其成果。
- chapter19 -
- If you must fight for something, make sure you keep your eyes on the prize.
如果你必须要争夺什么的话,那就一定要专注于值得去争夺的事物身上。
- Better to learn from the mistakes of others than from your own.
从别人的错误中吸取教训总好过从自己身上悔过。
- There is always a better liar than you.
人外有人。(贬义)
- Don't hurt those who try to help you.
不要伤害想帮助你的人。
- chapter20 -
- Professionals will always do a better job of anything.
术业有专攻。
- We don't see our own faults,but our neighbours do.
当局者迷,旁观者清。
- Don't try to please two people at once.
鱼和熊掌不可兼得。
- Each of us is the hero of our own story.
人都是自己故事里的英雄。
- It is one thing to think of a good plan, and another to put it into practice.
说起来容易,做起来难。
- chapter21 -
1.Greatness carries its own danger.
伟大自有危险(树大招风)。
2.You can't please everybody, and it's foolish to try.
你不能取悦每一个人,连尝试也是愚蠢的。
3.Those who get a bad reputation often mistake it for fame.
那些名声不好的人常把它(坏名声)误认为荣耀
- chapter22 -
1.The value of money depends not on how much you have, but how you use it.
金钱的价值不在于你拥有多少,而在于你如何利用它们。
2.It is foolish to imitate those who are better than us.
东施效颦是愚不可及的。
3.Don't make a big fuss about nothing.
不要为了无足轻重的事情大惊小怪。
4.Those who cry the loudest are not always the ones who are hurt the most.
真正忍辱负重的人往往保持沉默。
5.Don't rely on your enemies to keep their promises.
不要指望你的敌人信守承诺。
6.Be flexible to survive.
处世须变通。
7.Be careful not to be too useful to the wrong people.
不要让错误的人发现你的利用价值。
- chapter23 -
1.Those who try too hard to be clever often create bigger problems for themselves.
聪明反被聪明误。
2.Danger sometimes comes from a place we don't expect.
危险有的时候来自不可预料的地方。
3.We travel furthest and highest when we let go of our pride.
放下骄傲的我们能到更高更远的地方。
4.Don't choose your rulers for their attractiveness.
不要选华而不实的领导。
5.We have great powers that come to us only in an emergency.
关键时刻往往有无穷爆发力。
- chapter24 -
1.With time, one can get used to anything.
入芝兰之室,久而不闻其香;入鲍鱼之肆,久而不闻其臭。
2.The same plan will not suit all situations.
同样的计划不会适用于所有的情况。
3.Don't expect people to change.
本性难移。
4.When people make you good offers, think about their reasons.
事出无常必有妖。
网友评论