M1: I hear you lost your job.Is that right?
听说你丢了工作,是吗?
M2: Yes, that's right.I quit.I quit because of the way my boss treats people.
是的,我辞职了。我辞职是因为老板对待员工的方式。
M1: What happened?
发生了什么?
M2: I wasn't feeling good one day, and he yelled at me.When I told him not to yell at me, he threatened me.
那天我不太舒服,他冲我吼叫。当我让他不要对我吼叫时,他威胁我。
M1: Is that all? That's what bosses do.
就这样?老板们都是这样的。
M2: Sure, sometimes maybe.But my boss treated everyone badly, and I was tired of it. It was the last straw.
当然,也许是。但是我的老板对每个人都不好,我受够了。这是最后一根稻草。
M1: The last straw?
最后一根稻草?
M2: Yes, you know, it reached the point where I couldn't take it anymore.
是的,你知道,我已经忍无可忍了。
M1: I see.So now you don't have a job?
我明白,所以你现在没工作了?
M2: Right, I don't have a job.But at least I don't have to deal with my boss anymore.
对的,我没工作了,但至少我不用再应付我的老板了。
M1: What are you going to do now?
你现在打算做什么?
M2: To be honest, I'm not sure, but I'll find something. I'll get a job, even if it pays less than before.
说实话,我不确定,但我会找到的。我要找份工作,即使薪水比以前低。
M1: Are you sorry you quit?
你后悔辞职了吗?
M2: Yes, and no. I guess I should have found a nother job first, and then quit.
是有点,我想我应该先找份工作,然后再辞职。
M1: Why didn't you?
为什么不呢?
M2: As I said, he push me too far. There are some things I just won't take.
我说过,他把我逼得太狠了,有些事情我接受不了。
M1: What about your wife?
你妻子呢?
M2: She isn't happy that I don't have a job, but she understands. She knows I have a temper. And she knows I wasn't happy working there.
我没有工作,她很不开心,但她理解。她知道我有怒气,知道我在那里工作不开心。
M1: Well, I guess I'm lucky. My job isn't great, but I like the people I'm working with, and I like my manager.
我想我很幸运,我的工作不怎么样,但是我喜欢我的同事,我喜欢我的经理。
M2: Are you planning to stay there?
你打算呆在那里吗?
M1: I don't know. For now it's OK, but of course it all depends on how things change.
我不知道,现在还好,当然这取决于以后如何变化。
M2: Well if you hear of any job openings, let me know, OK?
嗯,如果你听说有职位空缺,告诉我一下,好吗?
M1: Sure, send me your resume, and I'll let people know you're looking.
当然,把你的简历发给我,我会让他们知道你在找工作。
M2: Thanks.
谢谢。
网友评论