美文网首页
什么是宗教?诗人纪伯伦说生活就是你的寺庙和信仰

什么是宗教?诗人纪伯伦说生活就是你的寺庙和信仰

作者: 白日梦_荔枝 | 来源:发表于2020-02-18 17:57 被阅读0次

    ON RELIGION 关于宗教

    And an old priest said, Speak to us of Religion. 

    一位老牧师说,给我们讲讲宗教吧。

    And he said:

    Have I spoken this day of aught else? 

    他回答道:除了宗教,我还有谈论过其他内容吗? 

    Is not religion all deeds and all reflection, 

    And that which is neither deed nor reflection, but a wonder and a surprise ever springing in the soul, even while the hands hew the stone or tend the loom? 

    所有的行为,思考,以及不是行为或思考,而是双手凿石或织布时忽的发自灵魂的念想和惊奇,不都是宗教吗?

    Who can separate his faith from his actions, or his belief from his occupations? 

    谁能把信念与行为剥离,把信仰同职业分开呢?

    Who can spread his hours before him, saying, "This for God and this for myself; this for my soul, and this other for my body?"

    谁又能把自己的时间拆分,说:“这些属于上帝,这些属于我;这些属于灵魂,这些属于身体?”

    All your hours are wings that beat through space from self to self. 

    你的时间是翅膀,在自我意识的空间里呼啸穿行。

    He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked. 

    披着道德外衣的人,还不如赤身裸体,

    The wind and the sun will tear no holes in his skin.

    风和阳光并不会带来伤害。

    And he who defines his conduct by ethics impressions his song-bird in a cage. 

    满嘴伦理品行的人,是把鸟儿囚禁在笼子里,

    The freest song comes not through bars and wires. 

    自由的歌声并不会从栅栏和铁丝里传出。

    And he to whom worshipping is a window, to open but also to shut, has not yet visited the house of his soul whose windows are from dawn to dawn. 

    对这样的人来说,崇拜是一扇窗户,时而开启,时而关闭。他们还没有意识到自己的灵魂,通往灵魂的窗户一直开着,从黎明到黎明,从未黑暗。

    Your daily life is your temple and your religion. 

    生活就是你的寺庙和信仰。

    Whenever you enter into it take with you your all. 

    不管什么时候,倾尽全力去生活吧。

    Take the plough and the forge and the mallet ad the lute. 

    带上耕犁和熔炉,把球棍和琵琶也带上。

    The things you have fashioned in necessity or for delight. 

    带上所有你需要的和喜欢的,

    For in revery you cannot rise above your achievements nor fall lower than your failures. 

    如果只带着空想去生活,你不会一败涂地,却也无法超越自己。

    And take with you all men: 

    For in adoration you cannot fly higher than their hopes nor humble yourself lower than their despair. 

    带上所有人一起,

    如果在他人的仰望中生活,你感受不到他们的绝望,却也无法突破他们的期待。

    And if you would know God be not therefore a solver of riddles. 

    如果你真的了解上帝,就知道没有谜题需要解。 

    Rather look about you and you shall see Him playing with your children. 

    只要环顾四周,就能看到他正在和你的孩子玩耍。 

    And look into space; you shall see Him walking in the cloud, outstretching His arms in the lightning and descending in rain. 

    仰望天空,就能看到他在云朵的变换中行走,在电闪雷鸣中伸展,随着淅淅沥沥的雨水下落。

    You shall see Him smiling in flowers, then rising and waving His hands in trees. 

    你就能看到他在花丛中微笑,起身在树林间朝着你挥手。

    PS:笔者自己翻译的,理解不到位的地方,欢迎指正哈~

    相关文章

      网友评论

          本文标题:什么是宗教?诗人纪伯伦说生活就是你的寺庙和信仰

          本文链接:https://www.haomeiwen.com/subject/gewgfhtx.html