生活和时间是最好的两位老师,生活教会我们更好地使用时间,时间教会我们生活的价值。
来自 https://www.bilibili.com/video/av47710391/
When asked “what’s the biggest mistake we make in life?”
当被问及:人生最大的错误是什么?
The Buddha replied, “The biggest mistake is you think you have time.”
佛祖回答:最大的错误就是你认为你有时间
Time is free but it’s priceless.
时间是免费的但也是无价的
You can’t own it, but you can use it.
你不能拥有它,但你能够使用它
You can’t keep it, but you can spend it.
你不能储存它,但你能花费它
And once it’s lost you can never get it back.
一旦它消失了,你就再也拿不回来
The average person lives 78 years.
人的一生平均有78年
We spend 28.3 years of our life sleeping.
我们花28.3年在睡觉上
That’s almost a third of our life but 30% of us struggle to sleep well.
差不多花了我们三分之一的时间,但同时有30%的人在为睡个好觉而斗争
We spend 10.5 years of our life working but over 50% of us want to leave our current jobs.
我们花10.5年去工作,但超过50%的人想离开现在的岗位
Time is more valuable than money.
时间比金钱更有价值
You can get more money, but you can never get more time.
你可以赚更多的钱,但却不能赚到更多的时间
We spend 9 years on T.V. and social media.
我们在电视和社交媒体上花费了9年的时间
We spend 6 years doing chores.
花6年的时间在家务上
We spend 4 years eating and drinking.
4年的时间花在吃吃喝喝上
We spend 3.5 years in education.
累计消费3.5年在教育上
We spend 2.5 years grooming.
2.5年花费在打扮上
We spend 2.5 years shopping.
2.5年花费在购物上
We spend 1.5 years in child care.
1.5年的时间花费在呵护孩子
We spend 1.3 years commuting.
1.3年的时间花费在通勤上
That leaves us with 9 years.
剩下留给我们的只有9年的时间
How will we spend that time?
我们将如何消费这些时间呢?
Steve Jobs said “your time is limited so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.”
乔布斯说:生命有限,别将它浪费在重复他人的生活上
So there’s good news and there’s bad news.
所以这有好消息也有坏消息
That bad news is time flies, the good news is you’re the pilot.
坏消息是时光飞逝,好消息是你是领航者
Imagine you wake up every day with $86400 in your bank account
想象一下你每天醒来银行账户中有86400美元
and at the end of the night it’s all gone whether you spend it or not.
一天结束后不管你是否消费它们,它们都会消失
And then the next day you get another $86400
第二天你的账户又会拥有86400美元
What would we do with it?
我们将会用它做什么呢?
Everyday 86400 seconds are deposited into your life account.
每天86400秒都会存入你的生命账户
At the end of the day once they’re all used up, you get a new 86400 seconds.
一天结束后,第二天你将拥有新的86400秒
We would never waste it if it was money, so why do we waste it when it comes to time?
如果是钱我们绝不会浪费,那为什么我们要浪费时间呢?
Those seconds are so much more powerful than dollars because you can always make more dollars, you can’t always make more time.
时间比金钱的力量更大,因为你能赚更多的钱却赚不了更多的时间
To realize the value of 1 year, ask a student who failed a grade.
想知道一年的价值,去问问考试失败的学生
To realize the value of 1 month, ask a mother who lost their child in the final month.
想知道一个月的价值,去问问在分娩前一个月失去孩子的母亲
To realize the value of 1 week, ask the editor of an online magazine.
想知道一周的价值,去问问在线杂志的编辑们
To realize the value of 1 hour, ask the couple who is in a long distance relationship.
想知道一小时的价值,去问问异地恋的情侣们
To realize the value of 1 minute, ask the person who just missed a bus, train or plane.
想知道一分钟的价值,去问问刚刚错过巴士、火车或飞机的人
To realize the value of 1 second, ask the person who just missed an accident.
想知道一秒钟的价值,去问问刚刚幸免遇难的人
To realize the value of a millisecond, ask the person who just came 2nd at the Olympics.
想知道一毫秒的价值,去问问与奥运冠军失之交臂的运动员
We think that’s people wasting our time but it’s really us giving them the permission to do that.
我们认为是别人在浪费我们的时间,其实是我们准许他们这样做
And in reality, these 2 people live inside us.
现实是,我们体内有两个人
Don’t let someone be a priority when all you are to them is an option.
当你对别人而言只是选项时,别将他们排在前面
Some of us lose the people most important to us because we don’t value their time.
我们失去了很多重要的人,因为我们没有珍惜他们
Some of us don’t recognize how important someone is to us until they’re gone.
有时直到失去了才懂得他们有多重要
Inside all of us are 2 voices 我们的内心有两种声音
1 voice that wants to uplift
一种声音鼓励我们上进
1 voice that wants us to expand
鼓励我们丰富自己
1 voice that wants us to grow
鼓励我们不断成长
And there’s another voice
还存在着另一种声音
The voice that holds us back
这种声音令我们退步
The voice that makes us lazy
让我们变得懒惰
The voice that makes us complacent
让我们骄傲自满
The voice that restricts us from our potential
限制了我们的潜能
Every day from the moment we wake up until the moment we go to sleep, inside of us there’s this battle between the 2 voices.
每天从醒来到入睡,这两种声音一直在斗争
And guess which one wins?
猜猜谁赢了?
The one that we listen to the most
我们听得最多的那个声音赢了
The one that we feed
我们滋养的那个声音
The one that we amplify
我们加强的那个声音
It is our choice of how we use our time
我们如何使用时间,是我们的选择
Life and time are the best two teachers
生活和时间是最好的两位老师
Life teaches us to make good use of time
生活教会我们更好地使用时间
And time teaches us the value of life
时间教会我们生活的价值
And as William Shakespeare said,
就如莎士比亚说的一样
“Time is very slow for those who want, very fast for those who are scared, very long for those who are sad, and very short for those who celebrate, but for those who love, time is eternal.”
对想要它的人来说,时间很慢;对害怕它的人来说,时间很快;对悲观的人来说,时间很漫长;对充满欢愉的人来说,时间很短暂;但对于爱它的人来说,时间即是永恒
网友评论