美文网首页
《Friends》S01E01 老友记英语学习笔记5:那不是真正

《Friends》S01E01 老友记英语学习笔记5:那不是真正

作者: 进步Progress | 来源:发表于2020-03-30 12:28 被阅读0次

    ​[Scene: Monica's Apartment, Rachel is making coffee for Joey and Chandler.]

    -Rachel: Isn't this amazing? I mean, I have never made coffee before in my entire life.

    是不是很不可思议?我以前可从来没冲过咖啡。

    -Chandler: That is amazing.

    是吧可思议

    -Joey: Congratulations.

    恭喜你

    -Rachel: You know, I figure if I can make coffee, there isn't anything I can't do.

    我以为如果我能冲咖啡,我就什么都可以做了。

    -Chandler: If can invade Poland, there isn't anything I can't do.

    我认为应该是“如果我能入侵波兰,我就什么都可以做了”

    -Joey: Listen, while you're on a roll, if you feel like you gotta make like a Western omelet or something...

    你现在正进入角色,有没有想做个蛋卷之类的东西….

    (Joey and Chandler taste the coffee, grimace, and pour it into a plant pot.)

    -Although actually I'm really not that hungry...

    不过,我还不太饿

    -Monica: (entering, to herself) Oh good, Lenny and Squigy are here.

    真不赖,Lenny 和 Squigy 在这里

    -All: Morning. Good morning.

    早上好

    -Paul: (entering from Monica's room) Morning.

    早上好

    -Joey: Morning, Paul.

    早上好,Paul

    -Rachel: Hello, Paul.

    你好,Paul

    -Chandler: Hi, Paul, is it?

    嘿,Paul, 对吗?

    (Monica and Paul walk to the door and talk in a low voice so the others can't hear. The others move Monica's table closer to the door so that they can.)

    -Paul: Thank you! Thank you so much!

    谢谢你!太感谢你了!

    -Monica: Stop!

    不要这样

    -Paul: No, I'm telling you last night was like umm, all my birthdays, both graduations, plus the barn raising scene in Witness.

    不,我要告诉你,昨晚我就好像….我所有的生日..毕业典礼..外加大厦落成典礼。

    -Monica: We'll talk later.

    我们待会再谈

    -Paul: Yeah. (They kiss) Thank you. (Exits)

    好的,谢谢你

    -Joey: That wasn't a real date?! What the hell do you do on a real date?

    那不是真正的约会?那真正的约会干什么?

    -Monica: Shut up, and put my table back.

    闭嘴,把我的桌子搬回去

    -All: Okayyy! (They do so.)

    ok

    -Chandler: All right, kids, I gotta get to work. If I don't input those numbers,... it doesn't make much of a difference...

    好的,孩子们,我该去工作了。不过我不把那些数字输入….也不会有什么区别

    -Rachel: So, like, you guys all have jobs?

    你们都有工作吗?

    -Monica: Yeah, we all have jobs. See, that's how we buy stuff.

    对,我们都有…这样我们才有钱买东西。

    -Joey: Yeah, I'm an actor.

    对,我是演员

    -Rachel: Wow! Would I have seen you in anything?

    哇!我有见过你的作品吗?

    -Joey: I doubt it. Mostly regional work.

    我不认为,大部分是地方性节目。

    -Monica: Oh wait, wait, unless you happened to catch the Reruns' production of Pinocchio, at the little theater in the park.

    等等,除非你在公园小剧场,看过重排的木偶奇遇记。

    -Joey: Look, it was a job all right?

    那还是份工作吧?

    -Chandler: 'Look, Gippetto, I'm a real live boy.'

    ‘瞧,Gippetto, 我是个真正的小男孩’

    -Joey: I will not take this abuse. (Walks to the door and opens it to leave.)

    别这样羞辱我

    -Chandler: You're right, I'm sorry. (Burst into song and dances out of the door.) "Once I was a wooden boy, a little wooden boy..."

    你是对的。对不起。“当我还是个小木头人,小木头人…”

    -Joey: You should both know, that he's a dead man. Oh, Chandler? (Starts after Chandler.)

    你们该知道,他快死了。噢,Chandler?

    -Monica: So how you doing today? Did you sleep okay? Talk to Barry? I can't stop smiling.

    你今天怎么样?睡得好吗?和Barry谈过吗?我笑个不停。

    -Rachel: I can see that. You look like you slept with a hanger in your mouth.

    看得出来,你就好像睡觉时,有个衣架在你嘴里

    -Monica: I know, he's just so, so... Do you remember you and Tony DeMarco?

    我知道,他只是太….你还记得你和Tony Demarco吗?

    -Rachel: Oh, yeah.

    是的,记得

    -Monica: Well, it's like that. With feelings.

    就好像那样….的感觉

    -Rachel: Oh wow. Are you in trouble.

    哇,你有麻烦了。

    -Monica: Big time!

    没错

    -Rachel: Want a wedding dress? Hardly used.

    想要婚纱吗?几乎没用过

    -Monica: I think we are getting a little ahead of selves here.

    我想我们谈的远了点,

    Okay. Okay. I am just going to get up, go to work and not think about him all day.

    好啦,我要站起来,去工作了,而且不整天想着他。

    Or else I'm just gonna get up and go to work.

    或者只是站起来工作

    -Rachel: Oh, look, wish me luck!

    那么,祝我好运

    -Monica: What for?

    为什么?

    -Rachel: I'm gonna go get one of those (Thinks) job things.

    我要去找那个工作的什么东西

    (Monica exits.)

    [Scene: Iridium, Monica is working as Frannie enters.]

    -Frannie: Hey, Monica!

    嘿,Monica!

    -Monica: Hey Frannie, welcome back! How was Florida?

    嘿,Frannie, 欢迎回来!佛罗里达怎么样?

    -Frannie: You had sex, didn't you?

    你做爱了,是吗?

    -Monica: How do you do that?

    你怎么知道的?

    -Frannie: Oh, I hate you, I'm pushing my Aunt Roz through Parrot Jungle and you're having sex! So? Who?

    我恨你,我在和我的Roz 阿姨穿过鹦鹉丛林,你却在做爱!那么,是和谁?

    -Monica: You know Paul?

    你认识Paul吗?

    -Frannie: Paul the Wine Guy? Oh yeah, I know Paul.

    Paul,调酒那个?是呀,我认识Paul

    -Monica: You mean you know Paul like I know Paul?

    你认识他就好像我认识他一样?

    -Frannie: Are you kidding? I take credit for Paul. You know before me, there was no snap in his turtle for two years.

    开玩笑吧?Paul还欠我人情呢?在我之前,他两年都没办法过性生活

    -Joey: (sitting on the arm of the couch) Of course it was a lie!

    当然那是个谎言

    -Monica: Why?! Why? Why, why would anybody do something like that?

    为什么?为什么有人会做这样的事情?

    -Ross: I assume we're looking for an answer more sophisticated than 'to get you into bed'.

    我想更复杂的答案是“和你上床”

    -Monica: I hate men! I hate men!

    我恨男人,我恨男人

    -Phoebe: Oh no, don't hate, you don't want to put that out into the universe.

    不,不要这样,你还不会希望把他们赶出宇宙的

    -Monica: Is it me? Is it like I have some sort of beacon that only dogs and men with severe emotional problems can hear?

    是因为我吗?是因为我有某种导向类的东西,只有狗,有感情问题的男人才会发觉?

    -Phoebe: All right, come here, give me your feet. (She starts massaging them.)

    好啦,过来这里,把你的脚给我

    -Monica: I just thought he was nice, you know?

    我只是以为他是个好人

    -Joey: (bursts out laughing again) I can't believe you didn't know it was a lie!

    我真不敢相信,你不知道那是个谎言

    (Monica pushes him off of the sofa as Rachel enters with a shopping bag.)

    -Rachel: Guess what?

    猜猜怎么样?

    -Ross: You got a job?

    你得到工作啦

    -Rachel: Are you kidding? I'm trained for nothing! I was laughed out of twelve interviews today.

    开玩笑吗?我一点经验都没有!我今天被十二个招聘的嘲笑

    -Chandler: And yet you're surprisingly upbeat.

    而且你还这么高兴

    -Rachel: You would be too if you found John and David boots on sale, fifty percent off!

    你也会高兴的如果你发现 John和David牌的皮靴打五折

    -Chandler: Oh, how well you know me...

    是呀,你多了解我….

    -Rachel: They're my new 'I don't need a job, I don't need my parents, I've got great boots' boots!

    这就是我的新皮靴,我不需要工作,我不需要父母,我有我的新皮靴

    -Monica: How'd you pay for them?

    你用什么付账的?

    -Rachel: Uh, credit card.

    恩,信用卡

    -Monica: And who pays for that?

    那谁付账单呢?

    -Rachel: Um... my... father.

    恩…我…爸爸

    #讲解#

    amazing: 令人惊异的

    entire life: 一生

    on a roll: 手气、运气好

    Western omelet: 西式煎蛋卷

    taste: 品尝

    grimace: 痛苦的表情

    Thomas made a grimace after he had tasted the wine.

    汤玛斯尝了那葡萄酒后做了个鬼脸。

    An odd grimace crosses her mouth and vanishes.

    她的嘴角掠过一丝奇怪的表情,转眼就消失了。

    pour: 倒,倾泻

    pot: 罐

    invade: 入侵

    When did the Romans invade Britain?

    古罗马人是何时侵略英国的?

    The cancer cells may invade other parts of the body.

    癌细胞可能侵袭身体的其他部分。

    enter: 走进

    graduation: 毕业

    barn: 空荡荡的大建筑

    scene: 场景

    witness: 目击

    input: 输入

    doubt: 怀疑

    mostly: 大多数

    regional: 地区的

    Close analysis of sales figures shows clear regional variations.

    对销售额的仔细分析显示出明显的地区差别。

    More power is to be devolved to regional government.

    要将更多的权力交给地方政府。

    abuse: 侮辱

    The boy's breaking of window glasses caused a hail of abuse.

    这个男孩打碎了窗户玻璃,招致了一阵恶骂。

    I didn't expect him to descend to personal abuse.

    我没料到他会堕落到对我进行人身攻击的地步。

    She attacked him with a torrent of abuse.

    她用连珠炮似的谩骂来攻击他。

    burst into: 闯入,突然发作

    wooden: 木制的

    happen to: 发生(碰巧,正巧,偶然)

    production: 作品

    Pinocchio: 木偶奇遇记

    theater: 戏院,电影院

    hanger: 挂钩

    big time: 欢乐的时刻

    He certainly had a big time at the club last night.

    他昨晚在俱乐部里肯定过得挺痛快。

    wedding dress: 婚纱

    hardly: 几乎不

    Hardly anybody came.

    几乎没有人来。

    He could hardly refrain himself.

    他几乎不能自制。

    The desert air contains hardly any moisture.

    沙漠的空气几乎不含一点湿气。

    ahead of: 在…前面

    A still better tomorrow lies ahead of you.

    展现在你们前面的是更加美好的未来。

    He will be ahead of others in English.

    他在英语方面将超过别人。

    A punctual person always finishes everything ahead of time.

    一个守时的人总是把事情提前做好。

    or else: 否则,要不然

    Stop smoking now, or else your health will be ruined.

    别再抽烟了,否则你会毁了自己的健康。

    It was200 pounds I asked for. You sent only100. the other hundred had better arrive tomorrow or else.

    我要的是200英镑,可你只寄来100。那另100英镑明天最好能寄来,要不然会给你好看的。

    take credit for: 因...而得到好评

    No one person can take credit for the invention of writing.

    没有一个人可以说是他单独发明了写字。

    snap: [口语] 劲头,活力

    turtle: 海龟

    arm: 扶手

    couch: 沙发

    lie: 骗人的话

    assume: 设想

    Let's assume it to be true.

    让我们假定这是真的。

    We assume his guilt.

    我们假定他是有罪的。

    sophisticated: 复杂

    universe: 宇宙

    sort of: 有几分地

    beacon: 灯塔,信号台

    severe: 严重的

    He's suffering from severe mental disorder.

    他患有严重的精神病。

    A severe storm turned the small village down to ground.

    一场剧烈的风暴把小村夷为平地。

    She received severe head injuries in the accident.

    她在事故中头部受了重伤。

    emotional: 感情的

    The conference came to a close with an emotional speech.

    会议在有感情的演讲词中结束。

    I hope her emotional wound will heal with the passing of time.

    我希望她感情上的创伤能随时间的流逝而治愈。

    His emotional language reduced many of the audience to tears.

    他满怀感情的话语使许多观众流下眼泪。

    massage: 按摩

    burst out: 突然...起来

    push off: 推开

    sofa: 沙发

    train: 培训

    interview: 面试

    surprisingly: 惊人地

    upbeat: 乐观的

    The presentation ended on an upbeat note.

    展示简报以乐观的语调结束。

    The doctor should keep the conversations with the patient as upbeat as possible.

    医生应该用尽可能乐观的言辞与病人交流。

    boot: 靴子

    on sale: 廉价出售

    percent: 百分数

    相关文章

      网友评论

          本文标题:《Friends》S01E01 老友记英语学习笔记5:那不是真正

          本文链接:https://www.haomeiwen.com/subject/hfzmuhtx.html