美文网首页
21世纪学生英文报(初一)寒假合刊 I'm not lazy!

21世纪学生英文报(初一)寒假合刊 I'm not lazy!

作者: 纯空 | 来源:发表于2022-02-14 18:58 被阅读0次

I'm not lazy!

我不懒!

Sorry kids, I'm sleepy.

对不起,孩子们,我困了。

one of the longest-sleeping animals in the world

世界上睡眠时间最长的动物之一

how many hours

几个小时

sleep every day

每天睡觉

Maybe 10 hours?

也许10个小时?

need twice as long

需要两倍的时间

Many people think I'm lazy. But it's not true!

很多人认为我很懒。但这不是真的!

sleep so much

睡那么多

because I have a strange diet

因为我有一个奇怪的饮食习惯

as you can see

正如你所看到

only eat eucalyptus leaves

只吃桉树树叶

can eat more than 0.5 kg of these leaves

可以吃超过0.5公斤的这些叶子

there is one huge problem

有一个巨大的问题

eucalyptus leaves are not tasty

桉树叶不好吃

they are low in calories

卡路里含量低

get very little energy from them

从它们中得到很少的

Think about eating salad all day. You would look as sleepy as I do!

想一想整天吃沙拉会怎样。你看起来就像和我一样困!

what's more

更重要的是

the leaves are highly toxic

树叶是剧毒的

If other animals eat them, they will die.

如果其他动物吃了它们,它们就会死。

Luckily, I have a strong digestive system .

幸运的是,我的消化系统很强。

It works very hard to break down the toxins.

它非常努力地分解毒素。

So tiring! To save energy, I sleep nearly all day long.

那么累!为了节省能量,我几乎整天都在睡觉。

know why I spend so much time

知道我为什么花这么多时间

in my tree

在我的树上

Don't call me lazy anymore.

别再说我懒了。

Koala fun facts

考拉有趣的事实

Eucalyptus leaves are full of water. So koalas don't often drink. The word "koala means "no drink" in a local Australian language

桉树的叶子充满了水分。所以考拉不经常喝水。“考拉”一词在澳大利亚当地语言中的意思是“不喝水”。

Old koalas usually die of hunger.That's because when koalas get old, they lose their teeth. They can't chew and digest leaves anymore.

老考拉通常死于饥饿。那是因为当考拉变老时,它们会掉牙。它们再也不能咀嚼和消化树叶了。

Thanks to their sharp claws, koalas don't fall out of trees when they are asleep.

多亏了它们锋利的爪子,考拉在睡觉时不会从树上掉下来。

相关文章

网友评论

      本文标题:21世纪学生英文报(初一)寒假合刊 I'm not lazy!

      本文链接:https://www.haomeiwen.com/subject/imrhlrtx.html