美文网首页
【双语欣赏】Words to live by

【双语欣赏】Words to live by

作者: Itisfine | 来源:发表于2018-11-14 23:37 被阅读0次
    【双语欣赏】Words to live by

    I'll give you some advice about life.

    我想给你一些生活的忠告。

    Eat more roughage;

    多吃些粗粮;

    Do more than others expect you to do and  do it at pains;

    给别人比他们期望的更多,并用心去做;

    Remember what life tells you;

    熟记生活告诉你的一切;

    Don't take to heart every thing you hear.

    不要轻信你听到的每件事,

    Don't spend all that you have.

    不要花光你的所有,

    Don't sleep as long as you want;

    不要想睡多久就睡多久;

    【双语欣赏】Words to live by

    Whenever you say "I love you", please say it honestly;

    无论何时说“我爱你”,请真心实意;

    Whevever you say "I'm sorry", please look into the other person's eyes;

    无论何时说“对不起”,请看对方的眼睛;

    Fall in love at first sight;

    相信一见钟情;

    Don't neglect dreams;

    请不要忽视梦想;

    Love deeply and ardently, even if there is  pain, but this is the way to make your life  complete;

    深情热烈地爱,也许会受伤,但这是使人生完整的唯一方法;

    Find a way to settle, not to dispute;

    用一种明确的方法解决争议,不要冒犯;

    Never judge people by their appearance;

    永远不要以貌取人;

    Speak slowly, but think quickly;

    慢慢地说,但要迅速地想;

    When someone asks you a question you  don't want to answer, simle and say, "Why  do you want to know?"

    当别人问你不想回答的问题时,笑着说:“你为什么想知道?”

    Remember that the man who can shoulder  the most risk will gain the deepest love and the supreme accomplishment;

    记住:那些敢于承担最大风险的人才能得到最深的爱和最大的成就;

    Call you mother on the phone. If you can't,  you may think of her in your heart;

    给妈妈打电话,如果不行,至少在心里想着她;

    When someone sneezes say, "God bless  you";

    当别人打喷嚏时,说一声“上帝保佑”;

    If you fail, don't forget to learn your lesson;

    如果你失败了,千万别忘了汲取教训;

    Remember the three "respects". Respect  yourself, respect others, stand on dignity  and pay attention to your behavior;

    记住三个“尊”: 尊重你自己;尊重别人; 保持尊严, 对自己的行为负责;

    Don't let a little dispute break up a great  friendship;

    不要让小小的争端损毁了一场伟大的友谊;

    Whenever you find your wrongdoing, be  quick with reparation!

    无论何时你发现自己做错了,竭尽所能去弥补;动作要快!

    Whenever you make a phone call smile  when you pick up the phone, because someone feel it!

    无论什么时候打电话,摘起话筒的时候请微笑,因为对方能感觉到!

    Marry a person who likes talking; because when you get old, you'll find that chatting to be a great advantage;

    找一个你爱聊的人结婚;因为年纪大了后,你会发觉喜欢聊天是一个人最大的优点;

    Find time for yourself.

    找点时间,单独呆会儿;

    Life will change what you are but not who  you are;

    欣然接受改变,但不要摒弃你的个人理念;

    Remember that silence is golden;

    记住:沉默是金;

    Read more books and watch less television;

    多看点书,少看点电视;

    Live a noble and honest life. Reviving past  times in your old age will help you to enjoy  your life again;

    过一种高尚而诚实的生活。当你年老时回想起过去,你就能再一次享受人生。

    Trust God, but don't forget to lock the door;

    相信上帝,但是别忘了锁门;

    The harmonizing atmosphere of a family is valuable;

    家庭的融洽氛围是难能可贵的;

    Try your best to let family harmony flow  smoothly;

    尽你的能力让家平顺和谐;

    When you quarrel with a close friend, talk  about the main dish, don't quibble over the appetizers;

    当你和你的亲近的人吵嘴的时候,试着就事论事,不要扯出那些陈芝麻、烂谷子的事;

    You cannot hold onto yesterday;

    不要摆脱不了昨天;

    Figure out the meaning of someone's  words;

    多注意言下之意;

    Share your knowledge to continue a  timeless tradition;

    和别人分享你的知识,那才是永恒之道;

    Treat our earth in a friendly way, don't fool  around with mother nature;

    善待我们的地球,不要愚弄自然母亲;

    Do the thing you should do;

    做自己该做的事;

    Don't trust a lover who kisses you without  closing their eyes;

    不要相信接吻时从不闭眼的伴侣;

    Go to a place you've never been to every  year.

    每年至少去一个你从没去过的地方。

    If you earn much money,the best way to  spend it is on charitable deeds while you  are alive;

    如果你赚了很多钱,在活着的时候多行善事,这是你能得到的最好回报;

    Remember, not all the best harvest is luck;

    记住有时候,不是最好的收获也是一种好运;

    Understand rules completely and change  them reasonably;

    深刻理解所有的规则,合理地更新他们;

    Remember, the best love is to love others  unconditionally rather than make demands on them;

    记住,最好的爱存在于对别人的爱胜于对别人的索求这上;

    Comment on the success you have attained by looking in the past at the target you  wanted to achieve most;

    回头看看你发誓取得的目标,然后评价你到底有多成功;

    In love and cooking, you must give 100% effort…but expect little appreciation.

    无论是烹饪不是爱情,都用百分之百的负责态度对待,但是不要乞求太多的回报。


    roughage    n.粗粮
    at pains        尽力,用心
    take to heart  认真关注;对...耿耿于怀
    ardently        a.热烈地;热心地
    dispute          v.辩论;怀疑;阻止;抗拒
    stand on        坚持;依靠;位于;拘泥于;持续向同一方向航行
    reparation      n.赔偿;修理;赔款
    quibble over  争辩琐事
    quibble  v.诡辩;挑剔;说模棱两可的话                  n.谬论;双关语;遁词
    appetizer    n.开胃菜,开胃食品
    文中翻译成,陈芝麻烂谷子
    fool around with  与不三不四的人鬼混(等于fool about with);胡搞

    相关文章

      网友评论

          本文标题:【双语欣赏】Words to live by

          本文链接:https://www.haomeiwen.com/subject/iptefqtx.html