Alice wants to try the newly opened Thai restaurant near her place,so she asks Albert to dine with her.
艾丽斯想去她家附近新开的泰国餐馆,所以她请艾尔伯特和她一起吃饭。

Alice & Albert
Alice: Albert校友及好朋友,在一家英语培训机构任职
Albert:本书男主,跨国公司程序员
Albert: Here come the Tom Yam Kung,the pineapple rice,and the curry beef brisket we ordered.
艾尔伯特: 冬阴功汤、菠萝饭和我们点的咖喱牛胸肉来了。
Alice: Alright,let's see if they are as good as advertised.
艾丽斯: 好吧,让我们看看它们是否如广告所宣传的那样好。
Albert: So...What do you think?
艾尔伯特: 所以…你觉得怎么样?
Alice: Well,visually,the curry beef brisket looks awful,but the taste is not bad. But the Tom Yam Kung is too light.
艾丽斯: 嗯,从视觉上看,咖喱牛胸肉看起来很糟糕,但味道还不错。但是冬阴功汤太清淡了。
Albert: Agreed. What about the pineapple rice?
艾尔伯特: 同意。菠萝饭怎么样?
Alice: Honestly,I can't believe they are selling this to their customers. I don't even want to talk about it.
艾丽斯: 老实说,我不敢相信他们会把这个卖给他们的顾客。我甚至不想谈论它。
Albert: Haha,well I guess this restaurant has already given you a bad impression. Oh! Here comes our coconut tapioca cake. Try it!
艾尔伯特: 哈哈,我想这家餐厅已经给你留下了不好的印象。哦! 这是我们的椰子木薯蛋糕。试一试!
Alice: Um...it's a bit too sweet. But I think this is the best among the four dishes we ordered.
艾丽斯: 嗯…有点太甜了。但我认为这是我们点的四道菜中最好的。
Albert: Never trust the gourmets online,right?
艾尔伯特: 永远不要相信网上的美食家,对吗?
Alice: Not necessarily. Some of them provide good reviews on food and restaurant. But you're right,most of them only post advertisement.
艾丽斯: 不一定。他们中的一些人对食物和餐馆的评价很好。但是你是对的,他们大多数人只是发布广告。
Albert: Do you wanna order more dishes?
艾尔伯特: 你想再点一些菜吗?
Alice: Absolutely not! Let's just pay our bill and get out of here.
艾丽斯: 绝对不会! 我们付了帐就走吧。
Albert: Alright. That's what I was thinking too.
艾尔伯特: 好的。我也是这么想的。
Alice: Let me take you to a really good reataurant nearby.
艾丽斯: 我带你去附近一家很好的餐厅。
Albert: OK! You're the boss.
艾尔伯特: 好的! 听你的。
本课生词总结
dine:vi. 进餐,用餐
Tom Yam Kung:冬阴功汤
pineapple:菠萝
curry:n. 咖哩饭菜,咖喱食品;咖喱粉,咖喱
brisket:n. 胸部;胸肉
coconut :n. 椰子;椰子肉
tapioca :n. 树薯粉,[食品] 木薯淀粉
gourmets:n. 美食家菜,肴精美的
网友评论