To Aurora
By William Alexander
作者:[苏格兰] 威廉·亚历山大
O if thou knew' st how thou thyself dost harm,
哦,如果你知道如何伤害自己,
And dost prejudge thy bliss, and spoil my rest;
预知幸福,打乱我的平静,
Then thou would' st melt the ice out of thy breast
你胸中的冰便即将融化,
And thy relenting heart would kindly warm.
你宽厚的胸膛是多么温暖。
O if thy pride did not our joys controul,
哦,如果你的骄傲不能阻止快乐,
What world of loving wonders should' st thou see!
你将看不到爱的奇迹世界!
For if I saw thee once transform' d in me,
如果你将自己托付于我,
Then in thy bosom I would pour my soul;
我将把灵魂全部倾注在你的胸怀;
Then all my thoughts should in thy visage shine,
于是,我的思潮在你的容颜上闪光,
And if that aught mischanced thou should' st not moan
如果你承受痛苦,不要抱怨。
Nor bear the burthen of thy griefs alone;
不要独自背负痛苦的重担;
No, I would have my share in what were thine:
不,我要与你同甘共苦:
And whilst we thus should make our sorrows one,
当我们如此将悲哀融合,
This happy harmony would make them none.
这快乐的融洽将使它们全部消失。
整理:2024年9月22日于经典龙苑
网友评论