all表示全部,所有的意思,大家都很熟悉。
但是all还可以加上其他词语组成各种各样的词组,你知道怎么用吗?
1
all-nighter
整晚的时间都用来做某事(例如学习)
We pulled an all-nighter to get ready for the exam.
我们为了准备考试而通宵复习。
The graduation party was an all-nighter.
毕业聚会持续了一整晚。
2
all over something
喜欢做某事。
He's all over the latest fashions.
他对最新的时装非常感兴趣。
Peter's all over antique furniture.
皮特非常喜欢古典家具。
3
all right
是,好,好的。
That's all right by me!
我没问题!
All right! I got an A+ on my term paper.
太好了!我的期末报告得了一个A。
4
all shook up
因为某事而感到极度兴奋、焦急或不安。
He's all shook up about his mother's illness.
他非常担心母亲的病。
Wow! I'm all shook up about Alice.
哇!爱丽丝真是太让我激动了!
5
all that and then some
甚至还不止于此。
He did all that and then some to get the new job.
为了得到这份新工作,他付出了很多。
Yes, that's right. All that and then some!
没错,就是这样。远不止于此。
6
all the way
彻底完成某事。
He's going all the way for the scholarship.
他从头到尾就是为了奖学金。
We went all the way to California on our vacation.
我们假期去了加利福利亚。
7
dash it all
心情糟糕时使用的表达。
Dash it all! I didn't do very well.
真糟糕!我没做好!
Dash it all! She can't come this weekend.
真糟糕!这周末她来不了。
8
for all I know
就我所知(常用来表达不满)。
For all I know, he'll come and win the prize.
就我所知,他会来赢得这个奖项的。
They've decided to hire Jack for all I know.
据我所知,他们决定解雇杰克。
9
free for all
狂热的,不受限制的活动(一般为斗殴)。
It was a free for all! Everyone went crazy!
太混乱了!每个人都疯了!
They stepped in to break up the free for all.
他们一进来就疯了般地打碎东西。
10
have it all together
非常镇定的,成功的。
I was very impressed with the candidate. She seemed to have it all together.
我对那个候选人印象很深。她似乎是一个非常成功的人。
I hope the new recruit has it all together. We need a team player.
我希望新来的是一个优秀的人。我们需要是团队成员。
11
hold all the aces
占优势地位。
I'm holding all the aces so I can do whatever I want.
我现在要风得风,想做什么就做什么。
I'm afraid this is a situation in which you don't hold all the aces.
恐怕你现在处于劣势地位。
12
not all there
不聪明,活动中注意力不太集中。
I'm afraid Peter is not all there. He needs some help badly.
我恐怕皮特有点神志不清。他非常需要一些帮助。
Unfortunately, I was not all there and lost the final match.
不幸的是,我心不在焉,导致决赛失利。
网友评论