《遗愿清单》

作者: 13eec265c848 | 来源:发表于2019-01-27 14:36 被阅读26次

    《遗愿清单》

    E : Edward Perriman Pole , 爱德华 · 佩里曼 · 科尔 , 癌症晚期患者,大富豪 。

    C : Carter,卡特,癌症晚期患者,汽车修理工,精于百科 。

    以下为部分节选对白


    Part 1

    C:

     Edward Perriman Pole died in May .

     (爱德华·佩里曼·科尔在五月离世。)

     It was a sunny afternoon ,and there wasn't a cloud in the sky .

     (那是一个周日的下午,晴空万里无云。)

     It's difficult to understand the sum of a person's life .

     (人生的意义是什么,答案众说纷纭。)

     Somepeople will tell you it's measured by the ones left  behind . 

     (有人说要看他留下了什么。)

     Some believe it can be measured in faith .

     (有人认为要看他的信仰。)

     Some say by love .

     (有人说要用爱来评判。)

     Other folks say life has no meaning at all .

     (还有人说人生根本就毫无意义。)

     Me ?

     (我 ?)

     I belibve that you measure youself by the people who measured  thenselves by you .

     (我认为可以从那些以你为镜的人身上看到你自己人生的意义。)

     What i can tell you for sure is that , by any measure ,Edward  Cole lived more in his last days on earth than most people  manage to out of a lifetime .

     (我能肯定的是,不管按什么标准,爱德华在人世间的最后时光比大部分人  毕  生的光阴更为充实。)

     I konw that when he died ,hiseyes were closed and his heart was  open .

     (我知道,他在离世的时候合上了双眼却敞开了心扉。)

    part 2

    E:You ever think about suicide?

    (你想过自杀吗?)

    C:Suicde ? Me ?

    (我?自杀?)

    E:Yeap.

    (对。)

    C:Lord ,no .

    (老天,当然没有了。)

    E:Though so . Stage one .

    (我就知道,你这是第一阶段.)

    C:What ?

    (什么?)

    E:The five stage ,but ......

    (有五个阶段。)

    C:Denial . Then anger ,bargaining,depression ,acceptance .

    (先是拒绝,然后是愤怒,妥协,沮丧,接受。)

    E:So of course you're not thinking of suicide .

    (所以你现在当然不会考虑自杀。)

    C:You're in stage one .Denial .

    (因为你还处在第一阶段,拒绝。)

    E:What stage are you in ?

    (你处在哪个阶段?)

    C:Denial .

    (拒绝。)

    part 3

    C:

     There was a suvey once .

     (曾经有这么个调查。)

     A thousand people were asked ,if they could know in advance  would they want to know the exact day of their death.

     (有一千个人被问及,若有可能事先获悉,想不想知道自己确切的死亡时间。)

     Ninety-six percent of them said no . 

     (96% 的人选择了不想。)

     I always kind of leaned toward the 4 percent .

     (我总认为自己属于另外的 4%。)

     I thought it would be liberating knowing how much you had left  to work with .

     (如果能知道自己的生命还剩下多少,我觉得这其实也是一种解脱。)

     It turns out ,it's not .

     (事实证明,我不属于那4%。)

    part 4

    C:Kiss the most beautiful girlin the world ?

    (亲吻世界上最美丽的女孩?)

    C:How do you propose doing that ?

    (你打算怎么做?)

    E:Volume.

    (以量取胜。)

    part 5

    E:We could do this .

    (我们能做完清单上的事。)

    E:We should do this .

    (我们也应该去做。)

    C:No,i could't .

    (不,我不行。)

    E:Don't think about money ,that'all i got .

    (别为钱发愁,我也只剩下钱了。)

    C:But i don't konw ......

    (但我不知道......)

    E:What don't you know ?

    (你不知道什么?)

    C:It was meant to be metaphorical .

    (本来应该是些是象征性的事情。)

    C:I'm just trying to get a handle on ......

    (我只是试着去处理......)

    E:Blah ,blah ,blah ......

    (废话,废话,废话......)

    E:Metaphors .

    (象征性。)

    E:You're the one crying you never took a shot ,Here's your  chance .

    (你说一直没机会尝试,这不你的机会到了。)

    C:My chance to what ? Make a fool of myself ?

    (什么我的机会?犯傻的机会?)

    E:Never too late .

    (总比没机会犯傻好。)

    part 6

    E:Is there a sugarplum fairyor not ?

    (到底有没有甜蜜的天使?)

    E:And nobody has ever gotten over that wall.

    (到现在从来没有一个人能过穿越那堵墙。)

    C:So,what do you belibve.

    (那你相信些什么呢?)

    E:I resist all beliefs .

    (我抵制所有的信仰。)

    C:No big bang ? Randomuniverse ?

    (宇宙大爆炸? 宇宙随机论?这些你都不信?)

    E:We live .We die .

    (我们出生,然后死去。)

    E:And the wheels on the bus goround and round .

    (历史的车轮滚滚向前。)

    C:What if you're wrong ?

    (那你错了怎么办?)

    E:I'd love to be wrong.

    (我倒宁愿我错了。)

    E:If i'm wrong , i win .

    (如果错的是我,那我就赢了。)

    part 7

    C:Do you know ?

    (知道吗?)

    C:That the only dog ever struck by lighting was right here ,in  Egypt ?

    (历史上唯一一只被闪电击中的狗就在埃及?)

    E:I wish i'd met you before we were dead .

    (真希望我能在死之前遇见你。)

    .................

    C:You know ,the ancient Egyptians had a beautiful belief about  death.

    (知道吗,古埃及人对死亡有种美好的信念。)

    C:When their souls got to the entrance to heaven ,the god asked  them two questions .

    (当他们的灵魂抵达天堂门口,神会问他们两个问题。)

    C:Their answers determined whether they were adimitted or not .

    (天堂的门是否开放取决于他们的答案。)

    E:Okay ,i'll bite .

    (好吧,我来试试。)

    E:What were they ?

    (什么问题?)

    C:Have you found joy in your life ?

    (在你的生命里是否有过快乐?)

    C:Answer the question .

    (回答我。)

    E:Me ?

    (我吗?)

    C:Yeah ,you .

    (对,就是你。)

    E:Answer the question ,"Have i found joy in my life ?"

    (问题是:“我的生命里有没有快乐?”?)

    C:Yes .

    (没错。)

    E:Yes .

    (有过。)

    C:Has your life brought joy to others ?

    (那你这一生有没有给别人带去过快乐?)

    E:Ah ,this type of question,i......

    (恩,这样的问题,我......)

    E:I don't know .

    (我不知道。)

    E:I don't think about how others gauge ,uh ......

    (我不知道别人心里怎么想的,所以......)

    E:Ask them .

    (问他们去吧。)

    part 8

    E:Funeral plans tend to confuse me .

    (葬礼之类的事情搞得我头都大了。)

    E:Specificially, buried or cremated .

    (尤其是这个问题,是埋还是烧。)

    E:Take buried .

    (比如说埋了。)

    E:Now i know it should't matter , but i'm claustrophobic .

    (我知道这关系不大,但是我有幽闭恐惧症。)

    E:What if i wake up underground and nobody can hear me ?

    (万一我醒过来,没有人一听见我呼救怎么办?)

    E:Do they still make those coffins with bells ?

    (他们现在还生产那种带铃铛的棺材吗?)

    C:Uh,i don't believe they do .

    (我想应该没了。)

    E:Then cremated  . What do they with the ashes ?

    (如果烧了,烧完的灰怎么办?)

    E:Do you bury them , scatterthem , put them on a shelf ?

    (是埋了,撒了,还是摆在架子上?)

    E:Float them down the Ganges on a bed of flowers ?

    (或者放在花床上,顺着恒河漂流而下。)

    E:What if i feel the flames ?

    (要是火把我烧疼了怎么办?)

    C:Well , i definately want to have myself cremated .

    (要我选,我肯定选择烧。)

    E:Maybe we should go frozen like Walt Disney .

    (或许该把自己冻起来,就像沃特·迪斯尼。)

    C:No , Cremated .

    (不,还是烧了好。)

    C:Ashes put in a can , buriedsome place with a view .

    (骨灰放在罐子里,埋在一个风景秀丽的地方。)

    part 9

    C:

    You once said you're not everyone .

    (你曾经说过,你并非凡人。)

    Well , that's true .

    (这话是没错。)

    You're certainly not everyone .

    (你当然不是凡人。)

    But everyone is everyone .

    (但是每个人都是凡人。)

    My pastor always say :"Our lives are streams flowing into the same river towards whatever heaven lies in the mist beyond the falls ."

    (我的牧师常说,我们的生命就像一条条小溪,最后汇入同一条大河,大河尽头的瀑布上,在迷雾里若隐若现的,就是天堂。)

    part 10

    C:

    Edward Perriman Pole died inMay .

    (爱德华·佩里曼·科尔在五月离世。)

    It was a sunny afternoon ,and there wasn't a cloud in the sky .

    (那是一个周日的下午,晴空万里无云。)

    It's difficult to understand the sum of a person's life .

    (人生的意义是什么,答案众说纷纭。)

    He was 81 years old.

    (终年八十一岁。)

    Even now , i can't claim to understand the measure of a life .

    (人生的意义究竟是什么,我到现在也无法下定论。)

    But i can tell you this : Ikonw that when he died,his eyes were closed and his heart was open.

    (我知道,他在离世的时候合上了双眼却敞开了心扉。)

    And i'm pretty sure  he was happy with his final resting place .

    (我还敢肯定的是,他对自己的终憩之地非常满意。)

    Because he was buried on the mountain and that was against the law .

    (因为那是一片雪山,埋在那儿是违法的。)

    网盘:https://pan.baidu.com/s/1O6VIy7LW6K8E6g_LeTwHWQ 

    密码:6m2i 

                    微信公众号:骑着马的水手

                                             《《《《《《》》》》》》

    相关文章

      网友评论

        本文标题:《遗愿清单》

        本文链接:https://www.haomeiwen.com/subject/muggjqtx.html