Lesson 2 Breakfast or lunch?
早餐还是午餐?
First listen and then answer the question.
听录音,然后回答以下问题。
Why was the writer's aunt surprised?
为什么作者的阿姨感到了惊讶?
It was Sunday.
那是个星期天,
I never get up early on Sundays.
而在星期天我是从来不早起的,
I sometimes stay in bed until lunchtime.
有时我要一直躺到吃午饭的时候。
Last Sunday I got up very late.
上个星期天,我起得很晚。
I looked out of the window. It was dark outside.
我望望窗外,外面一片昏暗。
'What a day!' I thought. 'It's raining again.'
“鬼天气!”我想,“又下雨了。”
Just then, the telephone rang.
正在这时,电话铃响了。
It was my aunt Lucy.
是我姑母露西打来的。
'I've just arrived by train,' she said. 'I'm coming to see you.'
“我刚下火车,”她说,“我这就来看你。”
'But I'm still having breakfast,' I said.
“但我还在吃早饭,”我说。
'What are you doing?' she asked.
“你在干什么?”她问道。
'I'm having breakfast,' I repeated.
“我正在吃早饭,”我又说了一遍。
'Dear me,' she said. 'Do you always get up so late? It's one o'clock!'
“天啊,”她说,“你总是起得这么晚吗?现在已经1点钟了!”
语法
get up
起床;起身;站起来;叫…起床
-
I have to get up and turn off the radio
我必须起床关上收音机。 -
They have to get up early in the morning.
他们大清早就得起床。 -
He's much better and can get up now.
他好多了,能下床了。
until
到…时;直到…为止
-
Until now, the BBC has only been available in South Africa on short wave.
直到目前为止,南非只能以短波形式收听英国广播公司的节目。 -
Until then, I had known nothing about it.
直到那时,我对那件事都一无所知。 -
He will probably wait until the last minute.
他也许会等到最后一刻。
not ... until
-
It was not until 1911 that the first of the vitamins was identified.
直到1911年才发现了第一种维生素。 -
She didn't arrive until 6 o”clock.
她直到6点才到。 -
Don't get off the bus until it has stopped.
公共汽车停稳后再下车。
Do you always get up so late?
so + adj/adv
如此...
-
Do you always get up so late?
你总是起得这么晚吗? -
She looked so beautiful, and at the same time so remote.
她相貌如此美丽,同时又如此清高不群。
- Please don't speak so fast.
请别说得那么快。
网友评论