美文网首页
读书学英文|<被讨厌的勇气> 愤怒都是捏造出来的

读书学英文|<被讨厌的勇气> 愤怒都是捏造出来的

作者: 京酱Jing | 来源:发表于2020-10-14 10:22 被阅读0次
    阿德勒认为,愤怒的情绪是人们自己制造出来的,是人们用来达到某种目的的工具。
    It is solely that you got angry so that you could shout. In other words, in order to fulfill the goal of shouting, you created the emotion of anger.
    Yesterday afternoon, I was reading a book in a coffee shop when a waiter passed by and spilled coffee on my jacket. I’d just bought it and it’s my nicest piece of clothing. I couldn’t help it, I just blew my top. I yelled at him at the top of my lungs. I’m not normally the type of person who speaks loudly in public places. But yesterday, the shop was ringing with the sound of my shouting because I flew into a rage and forgot what I was doing.

    昨天下午我在咖啡店看书的时候,从我身边经过的服务员不小心把咖啡洒到了我的衣服上。那可是我刚刚下狠心买的一件好衣服啊。勃然大怒的我忍不住大发雷霆。平时的我从不在公共场合大声喧哗,唯独昨天,我愤怒的声音几乎传遍了店里的每一个角落。我想那应该是因为过于愤怒而忘记了自我吧。

    pass by

    路过,经过

    I was just passing by (= going past the place where you are), so I thought I'd drop in for a chat.

    我正好路过,所以想进来聊聊。

    spill sth on sth

    把…洒到了…上

    I spilled coffee on my silk shirt.

    我把咖啡洒到丝绸衬衫上了。

    my nicest piece of clothing

    我最漂亮的一件衣服

    can’t/couldn’t help

    无法抑制,禁不住(做…)

    It was awful, but I couldn't help laughing.

    这真是糟糕,可我还是忍不住大笑起来。

    "Stop giggling!" "I can't help it!"

    “别再笑了!”“我忍不住呀!”

    I can't help thinking (= my true feeling is that) she'd be better off without him.

    我不禁认为如果没有他她会过得更好。

    blow your top

    发怒,生气

    My father will blow his top when he sees what happened to the car.

    我父亲看到汽车的这副样子肯定会大发雷霆的。

    at the top of your lungs

    扯破喉咙地,特别大声地

    She shouted his name at the top of her lungs.

    她大声呼喊他的名字。

    type

    具代表性的人;典型

    He doesn't use fully rounded characters in his plays - he uses types.

    他在剧中不用个性丰满的人物——他用的是类型化的人物。

    be sb's type

    是(某人)喜欢的那种类型

    He's a nice enough guy - he's just not my type.

    他人倒是挺好,只是不是我喜欢的那种类型。

    I would have thought Ben was more your type.

    我还以为你会更喜欢本这种类型的人。

    ring with sth

    回响;响彻

    The room rang with his screams.

    他的尖叫声在房间里回荡。

    fly into a rage

    勃然大怒

    I asked to speak to her boss and she just flew into a rage.

    我要求跟她的老板谈话,结果她勃然大怒。

    The words just came out of my mouth before I had time to think.

    我都没来得及想,话已经说出来了。

    只是想单纯的分享这句话,我认为非常实用,因为有太多的场景可以用到这句话。

    “都还没过脑子,话就说出来了”。

    你有过这样的经历吗?说没有我不信。

    哈哈哈 这句话值得背熟!

    The goal of shouting came before anything else. That is to say, by shouting, you wanted to make the waiter submit to you and listen to what you had to say. As a means to do that, you fabricated the emotion of anger.

    你是先产生了要大发雷霆这个目的。也就是说,你想通过大发雷霆来震慑犯错的服务员,进而使他认真听自己的话。作为相应手段,你便捏造了愤怒这种感情。

    come before sth/sb

    比…重要;优先于

    My children will always come before my career.

    我的孩子们永远比我的事业重要。

    that is to say

    更确切地讲;也就是说

    Our friends, that is to say our son's friends, will meet us at the airport.

    我们的朋友,更确切地讲是我们儿子的朋友,将在机场接我们。

    submit

    顺从,屈服;不得以接受

    We protested about the changes for a long time, but in the end we had to submit.

    我们对这些变动抗议了很长时间,但最终不得不屈服。

    She decided to resign from the party rather than submit herself to the new rules.

    她不愿遵守新的规定,决定退党。

    fabricate

    捏造,虚构;伪造

    He was late, so he fabricated an excuse to avoid trouble.

    他迟到了,就编了个理由以免惹麻烦。

    He claims that the police fabricated evidence against him.

    他声称警方伪造了对他不利的证据。

    相关文章

      网友评论

          本文标题:读书学英文|<被讨厌的勇气> 愤怒都是捏造出来的

          本文链接:https://www.haomeiwen.com/subject/pumipktx.html