Rework的中文版译为《重来》,也正如它的名字,作者在书中提到了很多不同于传统企业管理类书籍所提出的观点。这本书读起来难度不大,每一章节的篇幅也不长,适合利用碎片时间阅读或者听有声书。
第一章:Ignore the real world
现实很残酷,因为
They want to drag other down into their tomb.
尽管如此,你也能杀出一条生路。
The real world isn't a place, it's an excuse. It's a justification for not trying. It has nothing to do with you.
第二章:失败是成功之母。不,成功才是成功之母
Failure is not a prerequisite for success.
从失败中汲取教训并没有那没容易,因为大部分第一次创业失败的人,第二次创业还会失败。
A Harvard Business School study found already-successful entrepreneurs are far more likely to succeed again (the success rate for their future companies is 34%). But entrepreneurs whose companies failed the first time had almost the same follow-on success rate as people starting a company for the first time: just 23%.
小公司由小公司的美。
Ramping up doesn't have to be your goal. Don't be insecure about aiming to be a small business.
加班也不一定是好事,没准就是因为划水划多了。有充足的个人时间和休息也很重要。
Workaholics leads to an ass-in-seat mentality.
No one makes sharp decision when tired.
第三章:GO
scratch your own itch
It means to do something to solve a personal problem. For entrepreneurs, if they scratch their own itch, they find an internal problem in their business and solve it.
Don't stab in the dark. It's better to know what your itch is.
动手去做最重要:少说话,多做事。
What you do is what matters, not what you think or say or plan.
时间紧,任务重。还有时间划水?
When you want something bad enough, you make time -- regardless of your other obligations.
既然有了想法,接下来就live it or leave it.
Stranding for something isn't just about writing it down. It's about believing it and living it.
记得去年年初准备写论文的时候,对论文的research methods很不自信,也不确定到底该用哪种方法。同时,在上辅导课时,老师的话一直萦绕在我耳旁:make your life easier. 后来跟学长讨论论文研究方法的时候,起初他还耐心讲解。后来他见我一直下不了决心,他说:If you don't think it's gonna work. Then it's not gonna work. 听完他这句话,我马上就做了决定,并开始乖乖填写ethical form。
网友评论