美文网首页
Some Fun in TBBT S1E1

Some Fun in TBBT S1E1

作者: HMQ_byr | 来源:发表于2018-10-26 21:56 被阅读8次

    (1)Sheldon的首秀

    So if a photon(particle of light) is directed to a plane with two slits in it and either slitis observed, it will not go through both slits. If it's unobserved, it will. However, if it's observed after it's left the plane but before it hits its target, it will not have gone through both slits.

    如果一个光子打向有两个狭缝的平面,如果有一个狭缝可以观测到,那它没有同时通过两个狭缝。如果观测不到,那它会通过。但如果它是在离开平面后在击中目标物之前被观测到,那它不会同时通过两个狭缝。

    Point:photon:光子 particle of light:粒子光  direct:对准 plane:平面 slit:裂缝 observe:观察  go through:通过 both:两者都 unobserved:没有观察到的  hit:打击 target:目标

    (2)MY SPOT

    In the winter,that seat is close enough to the radiator to remain warm, and yet not so close as to cause perspiration;

    冬天的时候,这个地方离电暖器最近,很暖和,也不会很热到直流汗。

    In the summer,it's directly in the path of a cross-breeze created by opening windows there,and there.

    夏天的时候,这里又刚好可以吹过堂风,是来自这扇窗户和那扇的。

    It faces the television at an angle. That is neither direct, thus discouraging conversation,

    看电视正好有个角度,不会太正,从而影响跟别人讲话。

    nor so far wide as to create a parallax distortion.

    也不会太斜,从而造成脖子酸疼。

    Point: radiator:暖气片 perspiration:流汗cross-breeze:跨风【过堂风】discourage:阻碍 parallax:视差 distortion:扭曲

    (3)到公共场所处理事务

    - Can I help you?

        需要我帮忙嘛?

    - Yes. Um... is this the high-IQ sperm bank?

        是的。这里是高智商精子库嘛?

    - If you have to ask, maybe you shouldn't be here.

        如果这还要问的话,那你可能不该来这。

    - I think this is the place.

        我想就是这里了

    -Woman: Fill these out.

        把表格填了。

    - Thank you. We'llbe right back.

        谢谢。马上就好。

    - Oh, take your time. I'll just finish my crossword puzzle.

        不急。我正好把填字游戏做完。

        Point:1. high-IQ:高智商的【Intelligence Quotient的缩写】  sperm bank:精子库 sperm:精子. 2.take time:花费(时间) finish:完成 crossword puzzle:纵横拼字谜

    (4)关于赚零钱购买网速

    - Sheldon, this was your idea.

        Sheldon,当初你要来的。

    A little extra money to get fractional T1 bandwidth in the apartment.

        这点补贴能让我们在寓所里拥有分式T-1带宽。

    -Sheldon: I know, and I do yearn for faster downloads.

        我知道,我的确渴望更快的下载速度。

    Point:1.extra:额外的 fractional:微少的  bandwidth:带宽apartment:公寓. 2.yearn for:渴望 faster:更快的 download:下载

      (5)微积分

    But there's some poor woman who's going to pin her hopes on my sperm.

    但那些可怜的女人们会把希望寄托在我精子上的。

    What if she winds up with atoddler who doesn't know if he should use an integral or a differential to solve the area under a curve?

    如果她最后发现那小不点连曲线下面积该用积分还是微分算都不知道,她会怎么想?

     I'm sure she'll still love him.

    我肯定她还是会爱他的。

    point:1.poor:可怜的  pin…on:把……钉在…… hope:希望2.wind up:以…结束 toddler:初学走路的孩子 integral:积分 differential:微分

    (6)Stupid

    On top of everything else, I'm all gross from moving and my stupid shower doesn't even work.

    最糟的是,我搬家都搬的恶心死了,没想到该死的淋浴器还不能用了

    point:on top of:除…之外 gross:严重的 stupid:恼火的 shower:淋浴

    (感觉这个stupid在这里翻译成该死的,真的是很地道了,力度刚刚好!)

    相关文章

      网友评论

          本文标题:Some Fun in TBBT S1E1

          本文链接:https://www.haomeiwen.com/subject/wgzltqtx.html