巴勃鲁·聂鲁达(Pablo Neruda, 1904-1973)是智利当代著名诗人、外交家,是20世纪最伟大的诗人之一。他13岁开始发表诗作,1923年发表第一部诗集《黄昏》,1924年发表成名作《二十首情诗和一支绝望的歌》,于1971年获得诺贝尔文学奖。
今晚分享首小英文诗Tonight I can write the saddest linesNeruda 的一生有两个主题,一个是政治,另一个是爱情。今天要分享的这首诗叫做《Tonight I can write the saddest lines 今夜我写下最哀伤的诗篇》,这是一首关于失恋的诗歌,来源于 Neruda 最为著名的诗集——《二十首情诗和一支绝望的歌》。
Tonight I can write the saddest lines.
今夜我写下最悲伤的诗篇。
Write, for example, ‘The night is shattered
写出,比如说,“在这破碎的夜晚,
and the blue stars shiver in the distance.’
碧蓝的繁星在远处打着寒颤。”
The night wind revolves in the sky and sings.
夜风在天空回旋、歌唱。
Tonight I can write the saddest lines.
今夜我写下最悲伤的诗篇。
I loved her, and sometimes she loved me too.
我爱过她,有时,她也爱着我。
Through nights like this one I held her in my arms.
无数个这样的夜晚,我拥她入怀。
I kissed her again and again under the endless sky.
无际的苍穹下,我献上千万个吻。
She loved me, and sometimes I loved her too.
她爱过我,有时,我也爱着她。
How could one not have loved her great still eyes.
忍不住爱上她的眼波静静地流转。
Tonight I can write the saddest lines.
今夜我写下最悲伤的诗篇。
To think that I do not have her. To feel that I have lost her.
要想到我已不再拥有她,只要感到她已不再属于我。
To hear the immense night, still more immense without her.
只要听到夜的辽阔,因为失去她而更辽阔无际。
And the verse falls to the soul like dew to the pasture.
诗句滑落灵魂,如同露珠跌向牧场。
What does it matter that my love could not keep her.
我的爱留不住她,这又能怎样?
The night is shattered and she is not with me.
夜碎成一片一片,她已遥在天边。
What does it matter that my love could not keep her.
我的爱留不住她,这又能怎样?
The night is shattered and she is not with me.
夜碎成一片一片,她已遥在天边。
This is all. In the distance someone is singing. In the distance.
就这样了。有人在远方歌唱。在远方。
My soul is not satisfied that it has lost her.
我的灵魂却不甘于她的离开。
My sight searches for her as though to go to her.
我的视线寻找她,仿佛要把她拉到眼前。
My heart looks for her, and she is not with me.
我的心寻找她,而她已经走远。
Another’s. She will be another’s. Like my kisses before.
别人的了。她将是别人的了。像我献上过的千万个吻。
Her voice. Her bright body. Her infinite eyes.
她的声音。她那明亮的身体。她那深不见底的眼睛。
I no longer love her, that’s certain, but maybe I love her.
我已不再爱她,无比确定,可也许我还爱着她。
Love is so short; forgetting is so long.
爱情短暂,相忘好难。
Because through nights like this one I held her in my arms
因为,在很多这样的夜晚,我拥她入怀。
my soul is not satisfied that it has lost her.
可我的灵魂不甘于她的离开。
Though this be the last pain that she makes me suffer
她虽使我承受这最后的熬煎,
and these the last verses that I write for her.
而我,将送她这最后的诗篇。
今晚分享首小英文诗Tonight I can write the saddest lines
网友评论