My third story is about death.
我的第三个故事是关于死亡的。
When I was 17, I read a quote that went something like: "If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you'll most certainly be right." It made an impression on me, and since then, for the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?" And whenever the answer has been "No" for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.
当我十七岁的时候, 我读到了一句话:“如果你把每一天都当作生命中最后一天去生活的话,那么有一天你会发现你是正确的。”这句话给我留下了深刻的印象。从那时开始,过了33年,我在每天早晨都会对着镜子问自己:“如果今天是我生命中的最后一天, 你会不会完成你今天想做的事情呢?”当答案连续很多次被给予“不是”的时候, 我知道自己需要改变某些事情了。
as if
好像
1.It seems as if we have known each other for a long time.
我们看起来好像已经认识很久了。
2.The word you've said as if you are a winner.
你说的话就好像你是胜利者一样。
3.It sounds as if you've been to China.
听起来你好像去过中国。
make an impression on sb
给某人留下印象
1.You made a deeply impression on me in yesterday's interview.
你在昨天的面试中给我留下了深刻的印象。
2.I just want to make a good impression on my new boss.
我只想给我的新老板留下好印象。
3.You should make a good impression on her at first.
你应该先给她留下好印象。
since then
从那以后
1.Since then , she has lived in the valley floor.
从那以后,她一直居住在谷底。
2.Since then, I haven't received his news.
从那以后,我没有得到他的音讯。
3.since then , we have been friends
从那以后,我们就成了朋友
网友评论