美文网首页乐其英语|乐在其中
2016年美国总统大选希拉里败选演讲(3)

2016年美国总统大选希拉里败选演讲(3)

作者: 老祝读书 | 来源:发表于2018-10-27 20:13 被阅读0次

    点击查看音频

    Our constitutional democracy enshrines the peaceful transfer of power and we don’t just respect that, we cherish it。 It also enshrines other things; the rule of law, the principle that we are all equal in rights and dignity, freedom of worship and expression。 We respect and cherish these values too and we must defend them.

    我们的宪政民主制度要求:权力交接必须和平进行。我们尊重并且珍视这样的规定。此外,该制度还规定了法治,规定了人人享有平等权利和尊严的原则,规定了宗教自由和表达自由。我们也同样尊重并珍视这些价值观,而且我们必须要捍卫它们。

    Now — and let me add, our constitutional democracy demands our participation, not just every four years but all the time。 So let’s do all we can to keep advancing the causes and values we all hold dear; making our economy work for everyone not just those at the top, protecting our country and protecting our planet and breaking down all the barriers that hold any American back from achieving their dreams.

    不仅如此,宪政制度要求我们参与其中,不仅仅是四年一次的参与,而是要始终如一的参与。因此,让我们继续共同努力:为我们所珍视的事业和价值观不懈奋斗;让每个人、而不仅仅是上层人士,都能从经济发展中受益;保护我们的国家和地球;并破除一切阻碍我们实现美国梦的障碍。

    freedom of worship and expression

    信仰自由和言论自由

    1.Everyone has the right to freedom of worship and expression .
    人人享有信仰自由和言论自由的权利。

    2.Their freedom of worship and expression has been limited.
    他们的信仰自由和言论自由已经被限制

    3.Everyone should respect for other's freedom of worship and expression
    每个人都应该尊重他人的信仰自由和言论自由

    keep doing...

    持续做....(表示一连续不段的动作,或某一动作的持续状态)

    1.There is no way back , so we must keep going .
    没有回头路,所以我们必须继续前进。

    2.If you keep doing that, it will do harm to your health.
    你要是一直这样,会对你的身体有害的。

    3.I keep waiting for you but you never come.
    我一直在等待,你却没有来。

    keep on doing...

    继续做...(更加强调时间的间隔性和动作的反复性,及某人做某事的决心)

    1.Keep on exercising is a best way to lost weight.
    坚持锻炼是减肥的最好方法。

    2.Keep on learning as long as you live.
    活到老,学到老。

    3.I'm so sorry to keep on bothering you.
    老是累赘你们,真过意不去。

    break down

    拆除 ;损坏

    1.Open the door , or I'll break down it!
    打开门,否则我会破门而入!

    2.Their car broke down.
    他们的车子出故障了

    3.their marriage broke down.
    他们的婚姻破裂了。

    欢迎关注乐其英语I乐在其中公众号,附有到演讲音频

    相关文章

      网友评论

        本文标题:2016年美国总统大选希拉里败选演讲(3)

        本文链接:https://www.haomeiwen.com/subject/aytjtqtx.html