美文网首页英语口语
L11 U4 Socializing in business

L11 U4 Socializing in business

作者: AsaGuo | 来源:发表于2018-12-05 22:40 被阅读2次

    Module 1 Discussing a team-building activity

    1. Stating considerations

    What can I do for you?

    make allowances for 考虑
    people with families 有家庭的人们
    We have to make allowances for people with families.

    take into consideration 考虑
    We need to take into consideration that people already work long hours during the week.

    表达考虑
    当你在计划一个团队建设的活动时,你一定要考虑到团队中不同类型人的需求。这些表达方式可以帮到你。
    We have to take into account people's schedules.
    我们一定要考虑到人们的日程安排。
    You have to consider that some people have families.
    你一定要考虑到有些人有家庭。
    We have to make allowances for vegetarians.
    我们一定要考虑到素食主义者的需求。
    We need to take into consideration the diversity of the group.
    我们需要考虑到团队的多元性。

    Let's not forget that some people don't drink.
    让我们不要忘记有些人不喝酒。
    You have to remember that personal time is very valuable.
    你一定要记住私人时间是很宝贵的。

    注意take into是可以拆分的。
    We have to take people's schedules into account.
    我们一定要考虑到人们的日程安排。
    We need to take the diversity of the group into consideration.
    我们要考虑到团队的多元性。

    Let's not forget that some people have families.
    You have to consider that some people are married.
    We need to take into consideration the schedule.
    We have to take people's schedules into account.
    You have to remember that some people don't drink.
    We have to make allowances for vegetarians.

    2. Making objections

    表达反对
    当你要表达反对意见时,使用下列表达方式来弱化你的语气。
    Can I be honest with you?
    我能实话实说吗?

    要表达反对意见,使用这样的表达方式:
    I have a problem with anything on the weekend.
    我不同意在周末组织任何活动。
    I would have to object to places that allow smoking.
    我反对去允许吸烟的地方。
    I'm very uncomfortable with activities with lots of alcohol.
    我不喜欢带有大量喝酒的活动。

    反对后,最好提出另外的一个选择。
    One thing you might consider is a fun activity outside.
    一个你可能考虑的事是有意思的户外活动。
    I recommend an activity during work hours.
    我提议一个在工作时间做的活动。

    Can I be honest with you?
    I would have to object to a weekend activity.
    我不得不反对周末的活动。
    I have a problem with places that allow smoking.
    我不能忍受允许抽烟的地方。
    He's uncomfortable with activities with alcohol.
    We might want to consider an outdoor activity.

    Module 2 Networking at an event

    1. Networking

    闲谈
    在派对和社交活动中闲谈是很好的开始对话的方式。以下是一些例子。
    These appetizers are delicious.
    这些开胃菜真好吃。
    Are you enjoying the evening?
    你这个晚上开心吗?
    Haven't we met before? You look very familiar.
    我们以前见过吧?你看上去好面熟。
    I see you work for Alliance.
    我看得出你为 Alliance 工作。
    I'm with Defco. I'm their sales manager.
    我和 Defco 一起的。我是他们的销售经理。
    I know him, too. It really is a small world.
    我也认识他。世界真小啊。

    The food here is wonderful.
    Have we met before? You look familiar.
    I see you work for Red Box.
    我看得出你为 Red Box 工作。
    He's with Southern. He's in marketing.
    他和 Southern 一起的。他在市场部工作。
    I know her, too! It really is a small world.
    Are you enjoying yourself?
    你玩得开心吗?

    2. More networking

    So, what brings you here today?
    那么,今天什么风把你吹来了?
    I'm looking to get into finance.
    我希望进入金融业。
    I'll give you my card.
    我给你我的名片。
    Have them give me a call.
    让他们给我打电话。
    Pleasure meeting you. 很高兴能认识你。
    I see some old colleagues.
    我看到一些老同事。

    谈正事
    用闲谈开始对话后,你可能想get down to business。你可以使用这样的表达方式:
    So, what brings you here?
    Here – let me give you my business card.
    I'm actually here to look for a new position in finance.
    I'm exploring my options.我来看看我还有什么选择。

    根据你是否想继续联系这个人,这些是一些结束对话的方式。
    It was great talking to you. I hope you enjoy the evening.
    非常高兴和你聊天。希望你享受这个晚上。
    Excuse me, but I see an old colleague I need to talk to.
    Pardon me, but I need to freshen my drink.
    We really should follow up. Is it okay if I call you?我们一定得回头联系。我给你打电话好吗?
    I'd love to talk more about this, at your convenience.
    我非常愿意在你方便的时候能多聊聊这事。

    I'm exploring my options.
    It was great talking to you. Enjoy the evening.
    We really should follow up. Can I call you?
    I'm actually here to look for a new position.
    Pardon me, but I need to freshen my drink.
    So, what brings you here?
    I'd love to talk more, at your convenience.
    Here - let me give you my business card.

    3. Understanding business cards

    理解名片
    名片通常包含一个人的名字,公司的名字和工作头衔。名片也包含联系方式,比如地址,电话,邮箱和网络社交的具体信息。
    A: Let me give you my business card.
    我来给你一张我的名片。
    B: Thanks. Here's mine.

    Module 3 Meeting a client in a social setting

    1. Expressing frustration

    让我们再来看一下
    让我们再来看一下你刚刚弄懂的单词。
    I feel very frustrated when I don't succeed at something.
    当我做某事不成功时,我感到很沮丧。
    Every time I call, I get his voicemail. I feel like I'm getting the runaround.
    每次我打电话,总是听到他的电话留言。我感到被草草打发了。
    We need employees to be forthcoming with their opinions.
    我们需要员工乐于表达观点。
    I'm always reluctant to criticize others. I don't like criticism much myself.
    我总是不愿意批评别人。我自己就不太喜欢批评。

    I've been feeling very frustrated.
    我一直感到很沮丧。
    She has always been very forthcoming.
    她总是很愿意提供信息。
    I've been reluctant to say anything until now.
    直到现在我一直都不愿意说些什么。
    We've been getting the runaround.
    我们感到橡皮球一样被踢来踢去。

    2. Past and present

    I've been feeling that people are reluctant to give me the information that I need.
    我一直觉得 ...
    I've already been here two days.
    我已经来这里两天了。
    Our company's been doing a lot of structuring, and there's a lot of things in the air right now.
    我们公司一直在做...
    You've been having some problems.
    你一直有一些问题。

    完成时
    用现在完成时来谈论在过去某个不确定的时间发生的动作。
    I've met him before.

    用现在完成进行时来谈论某个动作一直持续了一段时间。
    I've been asking a lot of questions.
    我一直在问很多问题。

    有时现在完成时也用来谈论过去发生的动作一直持续到现在。注意这里的两个句子是同一个意思。
    I've gotten the runaround for more than two weeks!
    超过两个星期我一直被踢皮球踢来踢去。
    I've been getting the runaround for more than two weeks!
    超过两个星期我一直被踢皮球踢来踢去。

    只是要记住:和这些时态相对而言,过去时谈论的是过去的某个具体时间。
    We went to the bar last night.

    I've gotten the runaround these last three days.
    The food was great, and the conversation excellent.
    I've been given no clear information since I arrived.自从我来到这以来没有收到清晰的信息。
    He's been talking about opening his own business.
    他一直在谈论开他自己的公司。
    We went to a good restaurant last night.
    I've been feeling very worried about him recently.我最近对他感到很担心。

    3. Frustration and reassurance

    Can I be honest with you?
    I'm frustrated.

    People are reluctant to …
    人们不愿意...
    I've been reluctant to say anything until now.
    直到现在我一直都不愿意说些什么。
    I feel that I'm getting the runaround.
    我觉得人们搪塞我。

    Rest assured that …
    请放心...
    Rest assured that it's not because of you.

    I can guarantee you …
    我可以向你保证...
    I can guarantee you that this deal will go through.

    表达沮丧
    有很多种方式来表达沮丧。
    I'll be frank: I'm frustrated.
    坦白地说:我很沮丧。
    I almost feel as if I'm getting the runaround.
    我几乎感到我像皮球一样被踢来踢去。
    People just aren't being forthcoming.
    人们就是不能提供信息。
    I've been asking a lot of questions, but I haven't been getting a lot of answers.
    我一直在问很多问题,但是一直没有得到很多答案。

    宽慰
    如果某人感到沮丧,你可能想提供宽慰。使用这些表达方式:
    Listen – rest assured that I will get some answers.
    听我说—我保证我会得到一些答案的。
    I can assure you that things will get better.
    我敢向你保证事情会变得更好。
    I can guarantee that the situation will change.
    我敢保证情况会变的。
    I will straighten things out.
    我会把事情解决的。

    I'll be frank: I'm frustrated.
    I almost feel as if I'm getting the runaround.
    People just aren't being forthcoming.
    Listen - rest assured that I will get some answers.
    I can assure you that things will get better.
    I can guarantee that the situation will change.
    I will straighten things out.我会把事情解决的。

    Module 4 Summarizing an evening with a client

    1. Reporting what people said

    He said he'd be unavailable all day.
    他说他一整天都没空。
    client said he was getting the runaround
    客户说他像被踢皮球一样踢来踢去。
    I tried to tell him …
    我试着告诉他…
    I tried to tell him the company's been doing a lot of restructuring.

    He asked me to talk to my boss.
    他让我去找我的老板谈一下。
    He told me the deal was in danger.
    他告诉我这笔交易有危险。
    He told me that he was having lunch.
    他告诉我他会去吃午饭。
    I think he said 1 o'clock.
    我想他说的是1点钟。

    Reported statements – past tense
    听这个男人描述一个麻烦的商业情形。
    I'm very frustrated. I feel like I'm getting the runaround.

    现在听这个女人转述这个男人说的话。
    He said that he's very frustrated.
    He told me that he feels like he's getting the runaround.

    Reported statements – past tense
    注意,在转述的问句中,语序改回到主语+动词。
    What are the latest numbers?
    最新的数字是什么?
    He asked me what the latest numbers are.
    他问我最新的数字是什么。

    时态的使用
    在过去时转述的陈述句和问句中,主句中的动词不总是用过去时。用过去时表达动作已经完成,用现在时增加即时感。看这些例子。
    He told me that the results from last quarter were not good enough.
    他告诉我上个季度的结果不够好。
    He said that our work on the project is not satisfactory.
    他说我们这个项目的工作不令人满意。

    I asked him what the problem was.
    我问他怎么了。
    He told me that he's frustrated.
    He said that he needs more information.
    He asked me to straighten things out.

    2. Summarizing

    写邮件总结
    有时你可能需要给同事写一个邮件总结。可以遵循下面这个简单的格式。

    1. 主题栏简洁明了。
      Subject: unhappy client
      主题:不高兴的客户

    2. 解释写邮件的主要原因。
      I'm writing to summarize my evening with our client.
      我写邮件的目的是总结傍晚我和我们的客户见面的情况。

    3. 列出所讨论的主要题目,包括问的问题和给的答案。
      He said he's not getting the information he needs.
      他说他并未得到他需要的信息。
      He told me he feels like he's getting the runaround.
      他告诉我说他感到像皮球一样被踢来踢去。
      He asked me to straighten things out.
      他让我把事情解决。

    相关文章

      网友评论

        本文标题:L11 U4 Socializing in business

        本文链接:https://www.haomeiwen.com/subject/cgugcqtx.html