![](https://img.haomeiwen.com/i27234436/9c528b672e188b56.jpg)
Love Your Life
By Henry David Thoreau(亨利·大卫·梭罗)
However mean your life is, meet it and live it; do not shun it and call it hard names.
无论你的生活如何卑微,都要正视它,并活下去;不要躲避它,也不要恶语相加。
It is not so hard as you are. It looks poorest when you are richest. The fault-finder will find faults in paradise.
你的生活并不像你想的那么糟糕。在你最富有的时候,你的生活看上去倒似最贫穷。吹毛求疵的人即便在天堂也能挑出瑕疵。
Love your life, poor as it is.
你要热爱你的生活,尽管生活一贫如洗。
You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poor-house.
即使身处济贫院,你也可能享受一段愉快、兴奋、美妙的时光。
The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the alms-house as brightly as from the rich man's abode; the snow melts before its door as early in the spring.
西斜的落日映照在济贫院窗户上的余晖,与照射在富贵人家豪宅上的一样光芒万丈;门前的积雪同在早春消融。
I do not see but a quiet mind may live as contentedly there, and have as cheering thoughts, as in a palace.
在我看来,一个心态平和的人处事泰然,思想乐观,过着自得其乐的生活,住在济贫院就如同居住在皇宫里一般。
The town's poor seem to me often to live the most independent lives of any.
依我之见,城镇的贫民倒是往往过着最独立不羁的生活。
Maybe they are simply great enough to receive without misgiving.
也许他们十分伟大,对任何事情皆可坦然受之。
Most think that they are above being supported by the town; but it often happens that they are not above supporting themselves by dishonest means, which should be more disreputable.
大多数人认为他们不屑于接受城镇的施救;但是实际上他们经常使用不诚实的手段来维持自己的生计,这是更为不体面的。
Cultivate poverty like a garden herb, like sage.
像圣贤一样,如同栽培花园中的花草一般来培养贫困吧。
Do not trouble yourself much to get new things, whether clothes or friends.
犯不着千辛万苦以求获得新东西,无论是衣服还是朋友。
Turn the old, return to them. Things do not change; we change. Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts.
返璞,归真。万物没有变,是我们在变。衣履可鬻,所思必存。
![](https://img.haomeiwen.com/i27234436/b6da7f3698993db5.jpg)
亨利·大卫·梭罗(Henry David Thoreau,1817 年 7 月 12 日-1862 年 5 月 6 日)是美国散文家、哲学家和诗人。梭罗的写作深受他自己生活的影响,尤其是他在瓦尔登湖的生活。梭罗崇尚大自然,主张返璞归真,强调简单生活,重视精神层面,被归为自然主义者。他因拥抱不顺从、为休闲和沉思而生活的美德以及个人的尊严而享有持久而著名的声誉。
整理:2024年1月12日于北城家园
网友评论