美文网首页兴趣使然的翻译
What can I hold you with?

What can I hold you with?

作者: DADFAD | 来源:发表于2017-05-09 15:58 被阅读0次

    I offer you lean streets, desperate sunsets, the moon of the jagged suburbs.

    我给你瘦狭的街道,孤绝的余晖,荒郊的冷月。

    I offer you the bitterness of a man who has looked long and long at the lonely moon.

    我给你整个人的悲苦,那个人曾久久凝望寂寞的月亮。

    I offer you my ancestors, my dead men, the ghosts that living men have honoured in marble:

    我给你我的祖先,死者的灵魂被生者铭刻在大理石上:

    my father's father killed in the frontier of Buenos Aires, two bullets through his lungs, bearded and dead, wrapped by his soldiers in the hide of a cow;

    我父亲的父亲死于布宜诺斯艾利斯的前线,两颗子弹穿过他的胸口,他死时蓄着胡子,被同袍裹于兽皮之内;

    my mother's grandfather -just twentyfour- heading a charge of three hundred men in Perú, now ghosts on vanished horses.

    我母亲的祖父——才二十四岁——曾在秘鲁率领三百军士,如今已成死马上的幽魂。

    I offer you whatever insight my books may hold. whatever manliness or humour my life.

    我给你我书中所有的一切,给你我命里所有的男子气和幽默。

    I offer you the loyalty of a man who has never been loyal.

    我给你一个浪荡子的忠心。

    I offer you that kernel of myself that I have saved somehow -the central heart that deals not in words, traffics not with dreams and is untouched by time, by joy, by adversities.

    我给你我设法保存的生命核心——它难以言表,无法入梦,不被时间、欢愉和灾难所触动。

    I offer you the memory of a yellow rose seen at sunset, years before you were born.

    我给你一朵黄玫瑰的记忆,你未出生时,她曾在夕照中绽放。

    I offer you explanations of yourself, theories about yourself, authentic and surprising news of yourself.

    我给你关于你的阐释,关于你的理论,关于你的真实而让人惊叹的消息。

    I can give you my loneliness, my darkness, the hunger of my heart;I am trying to bribe you with uncertainty, with danger, with defeat.

    我给你我的孤独,我的暗夜,我内心的饥渴;我要用我的无常、危险和失败来留住你。

    - Jorge Luis Borges (1934)

    --- 博尔赫斯

    相关文章

      网友评论

        本文标题:What can I hold you with?

        本文链接:https://www.haomeiwen.com/subject/hgxitxtx.html