Lesson 63 Thank you, doctor.
谢谢你,医生。
Listen to the tape then answer this question.Who else is in bed today? Why?
听录音,然后回答问题。还有谁今天也卧床休息?为什么?
DOCTOR: How's Jimmy today?
医 生:吉米今天怎么样了?
MRS WILLIAMS: He's better , thank you, doctor.
威廉斯夫人:他好些了。谢谢您,医生。
DOCTOR: Can I see him please, Mrs Williams?
医 生:我可以看看他吗,威廉斯夫人?
MRS WILLIAMS: Certainly, doctor. Come upstairs.
威廉斯夫人:当然可以,医生。上楼吧。
DOCTOR: You look very well, Jimmy. You are better now, but you mustn't get up yet.
医 生:你看上去很好,吉米。你现在好些了,但你还不应该起床。
You must stay in bed for another two days.
你必须再卧床两天。
DOCTOR: The boy mustn't go to school yet, Mrs Williams. And he mustn't eat rich food.
医 生:这孩子还不能去上学,威廉斯夫人,而且不能吃油腻的食物。
Mrs Williams: Does he have a temperature, doctor?
威廉斯夫人:他还发烧吗,医生?
Doctor: No, he doesn’t.
医 生:不,他不发烧了。
MRS WILLIAMS: Must he stay in bed?
威廉斯夫人:他还必须卧床吗?
DOCTOR: Yes. He must remain in bed for another two days.
医 生:是的,他还必须卧床两天。
He can get up for about two hours each day, but you must keep the room warm.
他每天可以起来两个小时,但您必须保持房间温暖。
DOCTOR: Where's Mr Williams this evening?
医 生:威廉斯先生今晚去哪儿了?
MRS WILLIAMS: He's in bed, doctor. Can you see him, please? He has a bad cold, too!
威廉斯夫人:他在床上呢,医生。您能看看他吗?他也得了重感冒!
语法
Must he stay in bed?
他还必须卧床吗?
He must remain in bed for another two days.
他还必须卧床两天
He can get up for about two hours each day, but you must keep the room warm.
他每天可以起来两个小时,但您必须保持房间温暖。
keep stay ,remain 都有保持的的意思
表示“继续呆在某处”时,用remain或stay
-
Shall I go or stay?
我是去还是留? -
I'll remain to see the end of the game.
我将留下看比赛的结果。
表示“住在某处”时,只能用stay
- He is staying at Hilton Hotel.
他住在希尔顿饭店。
- My mother-in-law is staying with us this week.
我岳母这周要和我们住在一起。
表示“继续保持或处于某种状态”时,用remain或stay
-
The door stayed closed.
门一直关着。 -
Shops should remain open till later in the evening.
商店应该一直营业到晚上晚些时候。
(设法)使某人或某物保持某种状态时,使用keep
-
Why do you always keep your windows closed?
为什么你总是关着窗户? -
Please keep the room clean and quiet.
保持宿舍的清洁与安静。
The boy mustn't go to school yet
这孩子还不能去上学
mustn't
不要、不能、禁止
-
Everyone mustn't make a noise here.
大家不准出声。 -
You mustn't take the book out of the reading room.
你不准把书带出阅览室。
yet和 already
都有已经的意思
yet通常用于否定句和疑问句。有已经,还的意思
-
I haven't finished reading the book yet.
我还没有读完那本书. -
They haven't visited Rome yet.
他们还没有去罗马。 -
Have you seen Tom yet?
你已经看到汤姆了吗?
yet有时也可用于肯定句中,可表示“还”“尚”,表示惊讶“又”,有时含有“还为时太早”之意; 与形容词或副词的比较级连用时意为“甚至,更”“还要”,与最高级连用意为“到目前〔当时〕为止(最…)”。
-
Her latest novel is her best yet.
她的最新小说是她迄今为止最好的一部。 -
This is the BBC's worst idea yet.
这是到目前为止英国广播公司的最糟糕的点子。 -
I saw yet another doctor
我又看了一个医生。(表示惊讶)
already多用于肯定句
-
I have already finished my lunch.
我已经吃完午饭了。 -
She has already seen that film.
她已经看过那个电影了。 -
I have already finished the report.
我已经完成报告了。
already有时也可用于疑问句中表示惊讶、怀疑,或者表示期望〔预计〕有一个肯定的回答。
-
Have you had your lunch already?
你已经吃过午饭了?(表示惊讶) -
Have you already received your invitation?
你已经收到邀请信了吧?(料想已收到,想证实)
网友评论