![](https://img.haomeiwen.com/i1727348/03d162f3980adfd5.jpeg)
It wasn't all romantic. I didn't have a dorm room, so I slept on the floor in friends' rooms, I returned coke bottles for the 5¢ deposits to buy food with, and I would walk the 7 miles across town every Sunday night to get one good meal a week at the Hare Krishna temple. I loved it. And much of what I stumbled into by following my curiosity and intuition turned out to be priceless later on. Let me give you one example:
但是这并不是那么罗曼蒂克。我失去了我的宿舍,所以我只能在朋友房间的地板上面睡觉,我去捡5美分的可乐瓶子,仅仅为了填饱肚子, 在星期天的晚上,我需要走七英里的路程,穿过这个城市到Hare Krishna寺庙(注:位于纽约Brooklyn下城),只是为了能吃上饭——这个星期唯一一顿好一点的饭。但是我喜欢这样。我跟着我的直觉和好奇心走, 遇到的很多东西,此后被证明是无价之宝。让我给你们举一个例子吧:
stumble into
同…相碰;无意中卷入;偶尔走入;
- A drunken man stumbled into a china shop.
一个醉汉跌跌撞撞地走进瓷器店。
2.I stumbled into IT industry when I left college.
当我离开大学时,我偶然涉足IT业。
3.I stumbled into find this restaurant last week.
我上星期无意中发现了这家餐馆。
turn out
结果是,被证明是,原来
1.It turn out that they knew each other for a long time.
原来他们彼此认识很长时间了。
2.How did the match turn out?
比赛结果怎么样?
3.This plan turned out to be very useful.
这个计划被证明是非常有用的。
later on
后来
1.Later on ,I knew how much I love her.
后来,我才知道我是多么的爱她。
2.Later on,Tom told me what had happened to her。
后来,汤姆告诉我她发生了什么事。
3.I will give you the answer later on.
稍后我会给你答案。
![](https://img.haomeiwen.com/i1727348/7d879fc5c9bc28ff.jpg)
网友评论