How do I love thee

作者: 51_21_71_21_62 | 来源:发表于2019-07-28 11:10 被阅读0次
    伊丽莎白.勃郎宁十四行诗集(43首)

    伊丽莎白.勃郎宁

    How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

    我究竟怎样爱你?让我细数端详。

    I love thee to the depth and breadth and height

    我爱你直到我灵魂所及的深度,

    My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight。

    广度和高度,我在视力不及之处。

    For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.

    摸索着存在的极致和美的理想。

    I love thee to the level of everyday's

    我爱你像最朴素的日常需要一样,

    Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.

    就像不自觉地需要阳光和蜡烛。

    I love thee freely, as men strive for Right,

    我自由地爱你,像人们选择正义之路,

    I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.

    我纯洁地爱你,像人们躲避称赞颂扬。

    I love thee with the passion put to use

    我爱你用的是我在昔日的悲伤里

    In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.

    用过的那种激情,以及童年的忠诚。

    I love thee with a love I seemed to lose

    我爱你用的爱,我本以为早以失去

    With my lost saints--I love thee with the breath,

    (与我失去的圣徒一同);我爱你用的笑容、

    Smiles, tears, of all my life!--and, if God choose,

    眼泪、呼吸和生命!只要上帝允许,

    I shall but love thee better after death.

    在死后我爱你将只会更加深情。


    读来不仅有震撼人心的力量,而且有一种超越死亡限制的升华感觉。这也是东西方文化之差异在文学作品中的一个表现。即西方文化中有宗教和超越现世的世界,因此可以说死后更加爱你。

    另外,这首著名诗词对爱情的描写有许多与众不同。王佐良评说道:“‘我自由地爱你……’,这就使情诗脱出了一般卿卿我我的格局,而结尾处反顾童年的激情,前瞻死亡之并非终结,更使意境深远起来。”(见《英国诗史》)

    其实,意境深远还是中式的评语,思辩的理性情感,才是此诗的特点。据说勃郎宁夫人在婚前的恋爱中写下这40多首爱情十四行诗,直到婚后才悄悄放入丈夫口袋,并说如果他不喜欢就烧掉它们。勃郎宁读后说,我决不敢私藏自莎士比亚以来无论任何语言中最美的十四行诗。因此,这些诗得以印行。

    相关文章

      网友评论

        本文标题:How do I love thee

        本文链接:https://www.haomeiwen.com/subject/mvyurctx.html