英语地道表达
Idiomatic English
1
I'm very distracted/I'm not myself today.
这个表达的意思是“我今天不在状态,有点心神不宁”。当然,这个口语的主语可以根据相应情境而改变,同时后面的反身代词也应与前面的主语相对应。
下面我们来看几个例子:
I'm not myself today. I'm a little tipsy. Let's bag it.
我今天不在状态,有些醉了,先搁一边吧。
- What's wrong with him?
- 他怎么了?
- I don't know. He is really not himself today.
- 我不知道啊,他今天有点不在状态。
- You don't look good today. What's wrong?
- 你看起来不太好,怎么了?
- Nothing really. I'm just not myself.
- 没啥,我就状态不好。
I'm not myself today, otherwise I'll do it myself.
今天我身体不大舒服,否则这事我就亲自去做了。
2
(with) that being said/ having said that 属于万能衔接词,即用于转折,翻译为“说了这么多,尽管如此,不过,然而”。
下面给大家举几个例子:
You guys have done a pretty good job. Having said that, I still think there’s room for improvement.你们的工作完成得不错,然而,我认为仍然有可以改进的空间。
I’m having my hands full right now, that said, I’ll still take time to review your proposal. 我现在忙得不可开交,尽管如此,我还是会抽时间审阅你的建议案。
同样地,我们还有类似的衔接词:saying so, anyway , as to/for可用于句首转话题
3
Sorry, I' m terrible/awful with/at names. (Could you) please tell me yours again?
这个表达可以用在你忘记别人的名字时,直接说出来就可以啦,没什么尴尬的。
或者也可以说:Your name just slipped my mind / Your name is on the tip of my tongue.
同样地,关于名字我们还有以下这些表达:
He told me his name before, but it went in one ear and out the other.
这个表达用在调侃地询问第三者别人的名字的时候
I'm good with faces but have a hard time remembering names. 这个表达可以表示你能够记住脸但是容易忘名字,
同样地我们还可以说:His face rings a bell but I can't remember his name.
rings a bell这里是指某个事物很熟悉,但是你无法完全想起来
I lost my train of thought / It (completely) slipped my mind.
这个表达可以用在当你在与别人对话中忘了想讲的是什么。可以避免用I forgot what I wanna say.
未完待续
出自一只猫咪的碎碎念
网友评论