之前和朋友聊天,他发了一则诗过来勉励,觉得很激励人,所以就试着翻译了一下。
Invictus
-by William Ernest Henley
不屈者
Out of the night that covers me,
无际的夜幕,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
幽暗如深井遮盖住苍穹,
I thank whatever gods may be
而我感谢上苍
For my unconquerable soul.
赐予我无畏的灵魂。
In the fell clutch of circumstance
当每况愈下的时候
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
我不退缩也不哭喊。
Under the bludgeonings of chance
在命运的重击下
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
我纵使头破血流也不折腰。
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
在这片愤怒与泪水的土地之外
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
恐怖阴影交织,
And yet the menace of the years
尽管岁月威吓,
Finds, and shall find me, unafraid.
但我无所畏惧。
It matters not how strait the gate,
无论命运多舛,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
无论被判上何种罪罚,
I am the master of my fate:
我都主宰着我的命运:
I am the captain of my soul.
我都统领着我的灵魂。
“本译文仅供个人研习、欣赏语言之用,谢绝任何转载及用于任何商业用途。本译文所涉法律后果均由本人承担。本人同意简书平台在接获有关著作权人的通知后,删除文章。”
网友评论