亲爱的同学们,今天是赵校长英语小课堂坚持日更的第94天。
一天一个英语小知识,相信日积月累的力量。
今天,赵校长继续带来长期占据美国亚马逊畅销榜第一名的《Who Moved My Cheese?》的翻译之第10节:
Finally, Haw opened his eyes, looked around and said, "By the way, where are Sniff and Scurry? Do you think they know something we don't?"
终于,唧唧睁开了眼睛,环顾四周,问道:“顺便问一下,嗅嗅和匆匆在哪里?” 你觉得他们会不会知道一些我们不知道的事情?”
Hem scoffed, "What would they know?"
哼哼嘲笑道:"他们能知道什么?"
Hem continued, "They're just mice. They just respond to what happens. We're Littlepeople. We're smarter than mice. We should be able to figure this out."
哼哼继续说:"他们只是老鼠。他们只是对发生的事情做出反应。我们是小矮人。我们比老鼠聪明。我们应该能解决这个问题。"
"I know we're smarter," Haw said, "but we don't seem to be acting smarter at the moment. Things are changing around here, Hem. Maybe we need to change and do things differently."
“我知道我们更聪明,”唧唧说,“但我们现在的行为似乎并不聪明。这里的情况正在改变,哼哼。也许我们需要做出改变,用不同的方式做事。”
"Why should we change?" Hem asked. "We're Littlepeople. We're special. This sort of thing should not happen to us. Or if it does, we should at least get some binefits"
“我们为什么要改变?”哼哼问道。“我们是小矮人。我们是特别的。这种事情不应该发生在我们身上。如果有,我们至少应该得到一些好处。”
"Why should we get benefits?" Haw asked.
“我们为什么要得到好处?”唧唧问道。
"Because we're entitled," Hem claimed.
“因为我们有这个资格。”哼哼说。
"Entitled to what?" Haw wanted to know.
“有什么资格?”唧唧很想知道。
"We're entitled to our Cheese."
“我们有资格享用我们的奶酪。”
"Why?" Haw asked.
“为什么?”唧唧问道。
"Because, we didn't cause this problem." Hem said. "Somebody else did this and go find some New Cheese?"
“因为,这个问题不是我们造成的。”哼哼说。“是别人干的,然后去找新的奶酪?”
"Oh no," Hem argued. "I'm going to get to the bottom of this."
“哦,不。”哼哼争辩道。“我会查个水落石出的。”
网友评论