美文网首页每天写1000字
跟着卷福学英语(三十四)

跟着卷福学英语(三十四)

作者: 刘二傻 | 来源:发表于2016-02-08 23:05 被阅读63次

    前景提要: 卷福和华生被请到了白金汉宫,卷福和女主角的交锋马上就要开始了......

    Miss Adler:Kate? We're going to have a visitor. I'll need a bit of time to get ready.凯特?有人来拜访我们了。我需要点时间做准备。

    Kate:A long time?很长时间吗?

    Miss Adler:Hmm...ages.很久很久。

    W:What are you doing?你在干什么?

    S:I'm going to into battle, John. I need the right armour. No.我要上战场了,约翰。我需要挑好甲胄。不好。

    Miss Adler:Nah.不行。

    Kate:Works for me.我看效果不错。

    Miss Adler:Everything works on you.对你全都效果不错。

    W:So, what's the plan?好吧什么计划?

    S:We know her address.我们知道她的地址。

    W:We just ring her doorbell?直接按门铃?

    S:Exactly. Just here, please.正是,就停这里,谢谢。

    W:You didn't even change your clothes.你根本没换衣服。

    S:Then it's time to add a splash of color.所以是时候挂点彩了。

    W:Are we here?到了吗?

    S:Two streets away, but this will do.还有两条街,不过就在这里做吧。

    W:For what?做什么?

    S:Punch me in the face.揍我的脸。

    Kate:Shade?色调?

    Miss Adler:Blood.血红。

    W:Punch you?揍你?

    S:Yes, punch me, in the face. Didn't you hear me?对,揍我,照脸揍,没听见吗?

    W:I always hear "punch me" when you speak but it's usually sub-text.你说话老有"揍我"这层意思,不过你一般不明说呀。

    S:Oh, for God's sakes!真是婆婆妈妈。

    S:Thank you, that was... OK, I think we're done now, John!多谢,这就好了,这样就够了,约翰。

    W:You want to remember, Sherlock, I was a soldier. I killed people.你给我记住,夏洛克,我当过兵杀过人的。

    S:You were a doctor!你是军医。

    W:I had bad days!我也有心情不好的时候。

    Kate:What are you going to wear?打算穿什么?

    Miss Adler:My battle dress.我的招牌战袍。

    Kate:Oh, lucky boy.哦,算这小子走运。

    Kate:Hello?你好?

    S:Oh, very sorry to disturb you, um, I've just been attacked, um, um, and I think they, they took my wallet and, um, and my phone. Um, please could you help me?真不好意思打扰,呃,我被人袭击了,呃,他们好像拿了我的钱包,还有手机也拿走了。呃,能请你帮个忙吗?

    Kate:I can phone the police, if you want?帮你打电话报警可以吗?

    S:Thank you. Could you, please? Would you mind if I just waited here, just until they come? Thank you, thank you so much. Thank you. Oh.多谢了,可以吗?不介意我在这里等他们来吧?谢谢,真是多亏你了。谢谢。

    W:I saw it all happen. It's OK, I'm a doctor. Have you got a first aid kit?我目击了全过程没事。我是医生,你有急救包吗?

    Kate:In the kitchen. Please.在厨房里请进

    S:Thank you.谢谢。

    Miss Adler:Hello, sorry to hear you've been hurt. I don't think Kate caught your name?好可怜,听说你受伤了。凯特似乎没问你名字?

    S:I'm so sorry, I'm...抱歉我叫...

    Miss Adler:It's always hard toremember an alias when you've had a fright. Isn't it? Well, there now. We'reboth defrocked…Mr Sherlock Holmes.假名字总是一受惊就忘光了,不是吗?没关系的,我们都暴露了...夏洛克·福尔摩斯先生。

    S:Miss Adler, I presume.艾德勒小姐对吧。

    Miss Adler:Look at those cheekbones.I could cut myself slapping that face. Wouldyou like me to try?看看这颧骨扇上去都会划破我的手呢。要我试试看吗?

    W:Right, this should do it. I've missed something, haven't I?嗯,这些应该够了。我错过什么了吧?

    Miss Adler:Please, sit down. Or if you'd like some tea, I can call the maid.请落座吧,想用点茶的话,我可以叫女仆。


    S:I had some at the Palace.我在王宫用过茶了。

    Miss Adler:I know.我知道。

    S:Clearly.显然。

    W:I had a tea too, at the Palace. If anyone's interested.我也在王宫用过茶了,如果有人想知道的话。

    Miss Adler:Do you know the big problem with a disguise, Mr Holmes? However hard you try, it's always a self-portrait.你知道伪装的最大弱点在哪吗,福尔摩斯先生?不管多么努力都只能描绘出一幅自画像

    S:You think I'm a vicar with a bleeding face?你觉得我是个脸上流血的牧师?

    Miss Adler:No, I think you're damaged, delusional and believe in a higher power. In your case, it's yourself.不,我觉得你深受创伤,妄自尊大,崇尚某种权威。对你来说,那就是你自己。

    Miss Adler:Hmm, and somebody loves you. If I had to punch that face, I'd avoid your nose and teeth, too.有人很爱你嘛。要是让我揍你的脸,我也会避开鼻子和牙齿的。

    W:Ha-ha! Could you put something on, please? Er, anything at all. A napkin?哈哈能请你穿点东西吗?呃,什么都行,餐巾?

    Miss Adler:Why? Are you feeling exposed?怎么你觉得暴露了吗?

    S:I don't think John knows where to look.我觉得约翰眼睛没地方看了。

    Miss Adler:No, I think he knows exactly where. I'm not sure about you.不我想他完全知道该往哪看,倒是你,我不敢肯定。

    S:If I was to look atnaked women, I'd borrow John's laptop. 如果我想看裸女,我会借约翰的笔记本电脑的。

    W:You do borrow my laptop. I confiscate it.你本来就爱借我的电脑,我那是没收。

    Miss Adler:Never mind, we've got better things to talk about. Now, tell me, I need to know how was it done?算了,换个好点的话题。现在告诉我我需要知道...案子是怎么回事。

    S:What?什么?

    Miss Adler:The hiker with the bashed-in head - how was he killed?脑浆迸裂的旅行者,他怎么死的?

    S:That's not why I'm here.这不是我来的原因。

    Miss Adler:You're here for the photographs, but that's never going to happen and as we're chatting...不不,你是来拿照片的,可那办不到,所以不如聊聊天...

    W:That story's not out. How do you know about it?消息还没披露你怎么会知道?

    Miss Adler:I know one of the  policemen. Well, I know what he likes.我认识一个警察,我知道他喜欢什么。

    W:Oh. And you...like policemen?哦。你...喜欢警察?

    Miss Adler:I like detective stories. And detectives. Brainy is the new sexy.我喜欢侦探故事,还有侦探。智慧是性感的新潮流。

    S:The position of the car relative to the hiker, that and the fact that the death blow was to the back of the head, that's all you need to know.车和旅行者的相对位置,加上打击位置是在脑后,知道这些就够了

    Miss Adler:OK, tell me, how was he murdered?那告诉我,他怎么被谋杀的?

    相关文章

      网友评论

        本文标题:跟着卷福学英语(三十四)

        本文链接:https://www.haomeiwen.com/subject/vrrykttx.html