You Don't Need Perfection To Be Happy
By Matt Wilks
We're always so hard on ourselves —much more than we should be.
我们总是对自己太苛刻——比我们本应有的程度苛刻得多。
We're hard on ourselves because we know that we're capable of so much. Because the people we love the most know we're capable of so much.
我们对自己苛刻,是因为我们知道自己能力超群。因为我们最爱的人知道我们有很大的能力。
Yet we constantly find ourselves so much more disappointed than ever really happy.
然而,我们却不断地发现自己失望的时候比真正快乐的时候多得多。
We're always looking for more, thinking that we need to do more, be more, and have more.
我们总是追求更多,认为自己需要做得更多、成为更多、拥有更多。
And in turn, we're never satisfied with who we are. Instead, every second is a means to an end, not a means to live.
反过来,我们永远对自己不满意。相反,每一秒都只是达到目的的手段,而非生活的手段。
As a result, we do things with no purpose. We have things that don't bring us value. We become someone that we're not.
结果,我们做事没有目的。我们拥有不能给我们带来价值的东西。我们变成了不是自己的人。
We're hard on ourselves because we are choosing to believe that we aren't enough.
我们对自己苛刻,是因为我们选择相信自己不够好。
That our happiness is dependent on our accomplishment and success. That our happiness is dependent upon external things.
认为我们的幸福取决于我们的成就和成功。认为我们的幸福取决于外在的东西。
But really, those self-created pressures are the death of our happiness —the death of our well-being.
但实际上,那些自己施加的压力是我们幸福的杀手——是我们幸福安康的杀手。
Because happiness was never about accomplishment. Happiness was never about achievement. Happiness was never about being perfect.
因为幸福从来不是关于成就。幸福从来不是关于功绩。幸福从来不是关于完美。
Happiness was always about trying.
幸福一直是关于尝试。
About exploring new places.
关于探索新的地方。
About experiencing new adventures.
关于体验新的冒险。
About making mistakes.
关于犯错。
About always learning.
关于不断学习。
About forever growing.
关于永远成长。
About always living for the moment.
关于永远活在当下。
Before you judge yourself, ask yourself:
在评判自己之前,问问自己:
Am I being too hard on myself?
我是不是对自己太苛刻了?
Am I being too heavy with myself?
我是不是对自己太严厉了?
Because perfection is not happiness.
因为完美不是幸福。
But accepting imperfection is.
但接受不完美才是。
翻译:豆包
整理:2024年8月14日于普洱金融超市
网友评论