愚人节 April Fools' Day
April Fools' Day is celebrated across the globe.
I offered her a tissue to wipe away her tears. 我递给了她一张纸巾,让她擦去眼泪。
白开水:plain boiled water
plain water (which included tap water, water from fountains and water coolers, and bottled water) 其中plain water 包括自来水、山泉水和水冷却器的水和瓶装水, boiled指的是煮沸了的
sweeten the deal / offer(交易)给点甜头,给更多好处
You need to send some gifts to sweeten the deal. 你要给些小礼物作为甜头去争取订单。
参考文章:https://baijiahao.baidu.com/s?id=1598150325967778175&wfr=spider&for=pc
我明天必须早起,你能把闹钟定在六点吗? I have to be up early tomorrow, so could you set the alarm for six?
Dennis was dressed in denim jeans. 丹尼斯穿了一条牛仔裤
it's too cold to go out with bare legs--put some tights on. 光着双腿走出去太冷了——穿上点裤袜
Your T-shirt looks a bit funny--is it inside out? 你的T恤杉看上去有点可笑——是不是里外穿反了?
Don't forget to lock the door like last time. Let's double-check everything before we leave. 别像上次一样忘了锁门。咱们走之前再检查一遍。(自 英语脱口Show "关门"是"close the door", 那"锁门"英文怎么说?_英语口语SHOW | 每周主题英语脱口秀_免费在线阅读收听下载 - 喜马拉雅)
Cheap and decent restaurants abound, so why bother to make your own meals? 便宜好吃的餐馆到处都有,干嘛还费劲自己做饭啊?
Red suits you--you look marvellous! 红色适合你——你看上去棒极了!
Could I try these on, please? -Certainly. The fitting room is over there. 请问,我能试一试吗?-当然可以。试衣间在那边。
Tea or coffee? - I'll have tea, please. 茶还是咖啡?-请给我来杯茶。
add someone's workload 给某人添麻烦
学习任务太重 Students complained about the heavy workload.
网友评论