常用的英语叠词,你知道几个?千万别直译
1.Like bad bad 真的很糟
A:They had a fight -- a bad one. 他们吵架了,吵得很凶。
B: How bad? 多凶啊?
A:Like bad bad. 非常糟糕。
2.Chop-chop 快点,赶快
Chop-chop! We are going to be late!快点!我们要迟到了!
Come on, chop-chop! Speed up.来啊,快点!加快速度!
3.Fifty-fifty 对半分,一半一半
Why don't we go fifty-fifty?要不我们对半分吧。
There’s a fifty-fifty chance you are right.有50%的可能性你是对的。
4.Hush-hush 嘘声,秘密的
This matter is hush-hush. 这件事要谨慎保密的。
You don't want to hush-hush his scandal to me.你别想对我隐瞒他的丑事。
5.Go-go 活跃的;快速增长的
He’s a go-go person. 他是个十分活跃的人。
the go-go years of the early 21st century21世纪初的那个奔腾年代
6.Win-win双赢
We are trying to establish a win-win relationship.我们努力建立一种双赢的关系。
Free trade is not always a win-win situation.自由贸易并非总是双赢局面。
7.No-no 禁忌
In the United States, asking the age of a lady is a big no-no.在美国,问一位女士的年龄是一件绝对禁忌的事情。
We all know that cheating on our taxes is a no-no. 我们都知道偷税漏税是绝对不行的。
网友评论