美文网首页每天写1000字
跟着卷福学英语(四十五)

跟着卷福学英语(四十五)

作者: 刘二傻 | 来源:发表于2016-02-22 23:40 被阅读36次

    前景提要:卷福被“巨型猎犬”一词吸引了,这个案子他接下了。当然不会让华生一个人前往调查,恶魔谷他们来了......

    W:There's Baskerville.Er... That's Grimpen Village. So that must be... Yes, Dewer's Hollow. 巴斯克维尔在那边,那边是格林盆村,那个一定是...恶魔谷。

    S:What's that?那个呢?

    W:Hm? A mine field? Technically, Baskerville's an army base, so I guess they've always been keen to keep people out.嗯?地雷区?巴斯克维尔其实是个军事基地,我猜他们很乐意挡住闲人吧。

    S:Clearly.显然。

    Man A:Right, three tours a day. Tell your friends, tell anyone. Don't be strangers. And remember, stay away from the moor at night, if you value your lives! Take care.好,每天带三个团,告诉你的亲友,身边的每一个人,别见外,欢迎来玩,记住,夜间远离沼地,要珍惜生命哦,保重。

    S:It's cold.挺冷的。

    H:That part doesn't change.那部分没有变。

    M:What does?有什么变了呢?

    H:Oh, there's something else. It's a word. Liberty.有个别的什么,是个词“自由”。

    M:Liberty?自由?

    H:And there's another word. In. I. N. Liberty In. What do you think it means?还有一个词,(IN)里,(I.N.)里面的里。“自由、里”你觉得可能是什么意思?

    Man B:Sorry we couldn't do a double room for you boys.抱歉,没有双人大床房给你们了。

    W:That's fine. We're not... There you go.没事,我们不是...钱给你。

    Man B:Oh, ta. I'll just get your change. There you go.谢啦,我给你找钱,给你。

    W:I couldn't help noticing, on the map of the moor, a skull and crossbones?我注意到,沼地的地图上有个十字骷髅头?

    Man B:Oh, that.哦,那个啊。

    W:Pirates?有海盗?

    Man B:Er, no. The Great Grimpen Minefield, they call it.呃,不是,那是格林盆大雷区。

    W:Oh, right.这样。

    Man B:It's not what you think. It's the Baskerville testing site. It's been going for 80-odd years. I'm not sure anyone really knows what's there any more.并不是你想的那样,是巴斯克维尔的实验区,已经有八十多年啦,估计没人知道那里究竟有什么了。

    W:Explosives?炸药?

    Man B:Oh, not just explosives. Break into that place and if you're lucky, you just get blown up, so they say. In case you're planning a wee stroll.不仅仅是炸药哦,闯进那地方,被炸飞还只是幸运的死法,以防你想进去溜个弯啥的。

    W:Ta. I'll remember.谢了我记下了

    Man B:Aye. No, it buggers up tourism a bit, so thank God for the demon hound. Did you see that show? The documentary?不客气,吓走了一部分游客,但还好出了恶魔猎犬,你看了么,那个纪录片?

    W:Quite recently, yeah.最近看的

    Man B:God bless Henry Knight and his monster from hell.上帝保佑亨利·奈特和他的地狱怪兽

    W:Ever seen it? The hound?你见过么?那只猎犬?

    Man B:Me? No, no.我?没有没有。

    Fletcher has. He runs the walks, the monster walks for the tourists, you know. He's seen it.弗莱切看到过,他开了条怪物旅游线,你看,他见过了。

    W:That's handy for trade.很赚钱吧。

    Man B:I'm just saying we've been rushed off our feet, Billy.我们这儿都快忙死了,是吧,比利。

    Man C:Yeah, lots of monster hunters. It don't take much these days, one mention on Twitter and whoomph!嗯,怪物猎人可多了,这年代消息传得忒快,推特上一发,呼啦就来了。

    Man B:We're out of WKD.没有维可德鸡尾酒了。

    Man C:Oh, right. What with the monster and the ruddy prison, I don't know how we sleep nights.Do you, Gary?好吧,有那么些怪兽和嗜血监狱,我都不知道晚上怎么睡的。你呢,加里?

    Man B:Like a baby.酣睡得像个婴儿。

    Man C:That's not true. He's a snorer.Is yours a snorer?才怪呢,呼噜打得震天响。你男朋友也打呼么?

    W:Got any crisps?有卖薯片吗?

    Man B:Yeah. No. All right?

    Right, take care. Bye.嗯,不,好吗?保重啊,拜。

    S:Mind if I join you? It's not true, is it, you haven't actually seen this hound thing?不介意我坐这桌吧?都是骗人的吧,你根本没见过那只猎犬。

    Man A:Are you from the papers?你是记者么?

    S:No, nothing like that, just curious. Have you seen it?不,只是好奇而已。你到底见过吗?

    Man A:Maybe.也许。

    S:Got any proof?有证据吗?

    Man A:Why would I tell you if I did?有也没必要告诉你呀。

    W:I called Henry.我给亨利打过电话了。

    S:Bet's off. John, sorry.赌打不成了,约翰,对不起。

    W:What?什么?

    Man A:Bet?你们打赌了?

    S:My plan needs darkness. We've got another half an hour of light.我的计划需要黑暗,还有半小时才黑。

    Man A:Wait, wait, what bet?等等,什么打赌?

    S:Oh, I bet John here 50 quid that you couldn't prove you'd seen the hound.哦,我跟约翰赌了50镑,赌你拿不出见过猎犬的证据。

    W:Yeah, the guys in the pub said you could.是啊,酒吧里的人说你能。

    Man A:Well, you're going to lose your money, mate.那你要输钱了哥们

    S:Yeah?是么?

    Man A:Yeah. I seen it. Only about a month ago. Up at the Hollow. It was foggy, mind, couldn't make much out.是啊,我真见过,就一个月前,在谷里,雾很大,所以看不太清。

    S:I see. No witnesses, I suppose.懂了,也没目击证人吧。

    Man A:No, but...不,但也…

    S:Never are.还是没证据。

    Man A:No, wait. There.不,等着,看吧。

    S:Is that it? It's not exactly proof, is it? Sorry, John, I win.就这个?这不能算证据吧。对不起,约翰,我赢了。

    Man A:Wait, wait, that's not all.等等,还有别的呢。

    Man A:People don't like going up there, you know. To the Hollow. Gives them a bad sort of feeling.他们都不喜欢去那个地方,去恶魔谷里,说是给人感觉阴森森的。

    S:Is that hauted? That's supposed to convince me?闹鬼的感觉?你以为这就能说服我?

    Man A:Nah, don't be stupid! Nothing like that. But I reckon there is something out there. Something from Baskerville, escaped.别犯傻了,才不是呢。我猜那里真有东西出没,有东西从巴斯克维尔逃出来了。

    S:A clone? A super-dog?克隆兽,超狗?

    Man A:Maybe. God knows what they've been spraying on us all these years, or putting in the water. I wouldn't trust them as far as I could spit.有可能啊,鬼知道他们这些年朝我们喷了什么,朝水里下了什么,我死都不会相信他们的。

    S:Is that the best you've got?你就这么点本事?

    Man A:I had a mate once who worked for the MOD. One weekend we were meant to go fishing, but he never showed up. Well, not till late. When he did, he was white as a sheet. I can see him now." I've seen things today, Fletcher," he said, "that I never want to see again. Terrible things." He'd been sent to some secret army place. Porton Down, maybe. Maybe Baskerville, or somewhere else. In the labs there, the really secret labs, he said he'd seen terrible things. Rats as big as dogs, he said. And dogs, dogs the size of horses.我有个朋友在国防部工作过,有个周末我们说好去钓鱼,但他一直没来好吧,很晚才露面,出现的时候,脸色白得像纸,我现在都能看到他的脸他说,"我今天看到点事,弗莱切"这辈子再也不想见到了,可怕的事"他之前被派到一个秘密军事基地,大概是波登当,或巴斯克维尔,或别的什么地方。在那些真正机密的实验室里,他说他看到过可怕的事情,老鼠像狗一样大,他说狗呢,都跟马一样高。

    W:Um, we did say 50.我们说好赌50镑的。

    相关文章

      网友评论

        本文标题:跟着卷福学英语(四十五)

        本文链接:https://www.haomeiwen.com/subject/gyubkttx.html