美文网首页
西尔维娅·普拉斯的诗 |爸爸(双语)

西尔维娅·普拉斯的诗 |爸爸(双语)

作者: 素的盐 | 来源:发表于2023-08-06 03:39 被阅读0次

Daddy

爸爸

You do not do, you do not do

你不要,你不要做

Any more, black shoe

再也不做,黑色的鞋子

In which I have lived like a foot

我像只脚,住在里面

For thirty years, poor and white,

已经三十年,贫困又苍白,

Barely daring to breathe or Achoo.

我不敢呼吸也不敢打喷嚏。

Daddy, I have had to kill you.

爸爸,我早该杀了你,

You died before I had time——

我有时间前你就死了——

Marble-heavy, a bag full of God,

沉重如大理石,装满上帝的袋子,

Ghastly statue with one gray toe

可怕的雕像长着一个灰脚趾

Big as a Frisco seal

像旧金山的海豹那样大

And a head in the freakish Atlantic

而头倚在畸形的大西洋上

Where it pours bean green over blue

那儿大西洋将豆绿抛向蓝色

In the waters off beautiful Nauset.

的水域,美丽的瑙塞特。

I used to pray to recover you.

我过去常祈求你复活。

Ach, du.

啊,你。

In the German tongue, in the Polish town

说德国话,住波兰镇

Scraped flat by the roller

那个被战争,战争,战争的

Of wars, wars, wars.

滚压机碾平的小镇。

But the name of the town is common.

而小镇的名却也普通。

My Polack friend

我的波兰朋友

Says there are a dozen or two.

说有一打或两打之多。

So I never could tell where you

所以我从来无法说清

Put your foot, your root,

你到过何处,根在何处。

I never could talk to you.

我从来无法跟你说话

The tongue stuck in my jaw.

那语言卡在我的下颌。

It stuck in a barb wire snare.

卡在有倒钩的钢丝圈里。

Ich, ich, ich, ich,

我,我,我,我,

I could hardly speak.

我几乎无法说话。

I thought every German was you.

我原以为每个德国人是你

And the language obscene

但这语言污秽

An engine, an engine

火车头,火车头

Chuffing me off like a Jew.

把我带走,像犹太人。

A Jew to Dachau, Auschwitz, Belsen.

去达豪、奥斯维辛、贝尔森的犹太人。

I began to talk like a Jew.

我开始说话,像犹太人。

I think I may well be a Jew.

我想我很可能是犹太人。

The snows of the Tyrol, the clear beer of Vienna

蒂罗尔的雪,维也纳的清啤酒

Are not very pure or true.

不太纯也不真实。

With my gipsy ancestress and my weird luck

我有吉卜赛女祖先,我的奇特命运

And my Taroc pack and my Taroc pack

我有塔罗克纸牌,我的塔罗克纸牌

I may be a bit of a Jew.

我也许有几分像犹太人。

I have always been scared of you,

我一直都害怕你,

With your Luftwaffe, your gobbledygoo.

你的德国空军,你的官腔,

And your neat mustache

还有你整齐的胡子

And your Aryan eye, bright blue.

你的雅利安眼睛,明亮的蓝,

Panzer-man, panzer-man, O You——

装甲兵,装甲兵,哦你——

Not God but a swastika

不是上帝,而是卐字饰,

So black no sky could squeak through.

漆黑得连夜空也无法比拟。

Every woman adores a Fascist,

每个女人崇拜法西斯分子,

The boot in the face, the brute

野蛮的靴子,踢在人脸上

Brute heart of a brute like you.

野蛮的心长在野兽身上像你。

You stand at the blackboard, daddy,

你就站在黑板旁,爸爸,

In the picture I have of you,

我有你的这张照片,

A cleft in your chin instead of your foot

你的下巴有裂痕,不是脚,

But no less a devil for that, no not

但你依然是魔鬼,不比

Any less the black man who

那黑衣人差劲,那个人

Bit my pretty red heart in two.

将我红色的心咬成两半。

I was ten when they buried you.

我十岁时他们埋葬了你。

At twenty I tried to die

二十岁时我尝试去死

And get back, back, back to you.

想回到,回到,回到你的身边。

I thought even the bones would do.

我原想变成白骨也情愿。

But they pulled me out of the sack,

但他们把我从袋里拖出,

And they stuck me together with glue.

他们用胶水把我拼粘好。

And then I knew what to do.

那时我才清楚该做什么。

I made a model of you,

我以你为原型做了一个,

A man in black with a Meinkampf look

黑衣男人,带着《我的奋斗》之神色

And a love of the rack and the screw.

而且酷爱刑架和螺丝钉。

And I said I do, I do.

于是我说,我愿,我愿。

So daddy, I’m finally through.

但爸爸,我最终了结了。

The black telephone’s off at the root,

黑色的电话线连根断开,

The voices just can’t worm through.

声音再也无法缓慢通过。

If I’ve killed one man, I’ve killed two——

若我杀死一个男人,我杀了俩——

The vampire who said he was you

那吸血鬼曾说他就是你

And drank my blood for a year,

他吸我的血也有年头了,

Seven years, if you want to know.

告诉你吧,已有七年了。

Daddy, you can lie back now.

爸爸,你现在可以安息。

There’s a stake in your fat black heart

木桩插在你肥胖的黑色心脏上,

And the villagers never liked you.

村民们从来不曾喜欢你。

They are dancing and stamping on you.

他们踩在你身上跳着舞,

They always knew it was you.

他们一直清楚这就是你。

Daddy, daddy, you bastard, I’m through.

爸爸,爸爸,你这混蛋,我受够了。

评价节选

相关文章

  • 西尔维娅·普拉斯(Sylvia Plath)诗选

    西尔维娅·普拉斯(Sylvia Plath)诗选 西尔维娅·普拉斯(Sylvia Plath,1932—1963)...

  • 平安夜,赴安康

    在没有窗户的黑暗中过冬, 蜜蜂却在圣诞的蔷薇里尝到了春天。 ———西尔维娅·普拉斯《过冬》 今天是...

  • 西尔维娅·普拉斯语录

    所有爱和孤独都是自作自受 我曾幻想你会如约归来 但我老了淡忘了你的姓名 热水澡肯定不能包治百病 但我想例外也不会太...

  • 西尔维娅·普拉斯 | 《边缘》

    《边缘》 ——西尔维娅·普拉斯这个女人尽善尽美了,她的死尸体带着圆满的微笑,一种希腊式的悲剧结局在...

  • 20140322 西尔维娅·普拉斯

    闪电劈开大半个天空随后伴着滚滚雷鸣而来的是蓝紫色的暴雨那色泽染上一切被沾湿的东西恰如受伤后皮肤上乌青的痕迹 还要披...

  • 《爱丽尔》 [美]西尔维娅·普拉斯

    《爱丽尔》[美]西尔维娅·普拉斯 遗作《爱丽尔》,名字来自作者特别钟爱的一匹马。全书的第一个词是“爱”(《晨歌》)...

  • 与其抱怨,不如改变

    没有人可以给你想要的生活,想要获得新生,想要更好的生活,就去行动和努力。 正如女诗人西尔维娅·普拉斯所说: 乐观的...

  • 游于“译”|作诗一首消暑热——西尔维娅·普拉斯

    今日试译《刺客的斗篷——世界名家日记选集》中8月1日收录的美国女诗人西尔维娅·普拉斯(Sylvia Plath,1...

  • 在山上  西尔维娅.普拉斯

    巴士顺山道向上急驶,天色正由灰转暗,下起了雪,飘飘扬扬,打在车窗上不留痕迹。外面,山岭在冰冷的玻璃窗外耸立...

  • 期望自己做的更好

    如果对别人没有期望,那么你永远不会失望。——《钟形罩》,西尔维娅·普拉斯,作家 我们对他人、对外界的情绪往往是我们...

网友评论

      本文标题:西尔维娅·普拉斯的诗 |爸爸(双语)

      本文链接:https://www.haomeiwen.com/subject/mjmipdtx.html