美文网首页每天写1000字
跟着卷福学英语(十九)

跟着卷福学英语(十九)

作者: 刘二傻 | 来源:发表于2016-01-16 14:19 被阅读61次

    前景提要:卷福在马戏团找到了凶手,然而一切远没有结束......

    D:sent a couple of cars. The old hall is totally deserted.我派人去了那幢旧楼。但已经空无一人了。

    S:Look, I saw the mark at the circus. The tattoo that we saw, on the two bodies, the mark of the Tong.我在马戏团看到的那个标记。就和2名死者身上的帮会纹身一样。

    W:Lukis and Van Coon were part of a smuggling operation. One of them stole something in China. Something valuable.路基斯和范孔是走私团伙的成员。其中一人从中国偷了件价值连城的珍宝。

    S:The circus performers were gang members sent here to get it back.马戏团演员被派到这儿来,就是要取回珍宝。

    D:Get what back? 什么珍宝?

    W:We don't know. 还不知道。

    D:You don't know? Mr Holmes, I've done everything you asked. Lestrade, he seems to think your advice is worth something. I gave the order for a raid. Please tell me I'll have something to show for it. Other than a massive bill for overtime. 不知道?福尔摩斯先生,你吩咐的我可都照做了。雷斯垂德认为你必然有你的道理。我已经下令搜查了。那就麻烦你让我搜点东西出来,而不是让我们白付大笔的加班费

    W:They'll be back in China by tomorrow.明天他们就该回中国了。

    S:No, they won't leave without what they came for. We need to find a hideout. A rendezvous. Somewhere in this message it must tell us.东西还没到手他们才不会善罢甘休。得找出他们的藏身之处。还有接头地点。答案一定就在这些数字里。

    Sarah: Well, I think perhaps I should leave you to it.我看我还是先走了吧。

    W:No, you don’t have to go. Stay.不,留下没关系。

    S:Yes, it’d be better if you left now.好,你走了最好。

    W:He's kidding. Please stay if you'd like.他开玩笑呢。想留就留下吧。

    Sarah:Is it just me or is anyone else starving? 我都饿死啦你们不饿吗?

    S:Oh, God.我的神啊。

    Sarah:So this is what you do. You and John, you solve puzzles for a living.这就是你们的工作咯。你们以解谜为生吗。

    S:Consulting detective.我是顾问侦探。

    Sarah: What are these squiggles?这些圈圈线条是什么啊?

    S:They're numbers. An ancient Chinese dialect.是数字。一种古代汉语方言。

    Sarah: Oh, right. Well, of course. I should have known that.对哦。我也该猜到。

    Mrs Hudson: I've done punch and a bowl of nibbles.我弄了些宾治酒和点心。

    W:Mrs Hudson, you are a saint. 赫德森太太,你真是我的大恩人。

    Mrs Hudson: If it was Monday, I'd have been to the supermarket.今天不是周一,我都没去超市。

    W:Thank you. Thank you.感激不尽。

    Sarah: So these numbers, it’s a cipher?这些数字,是密码吗?

    S:Exactly.正是。

    Sarah: And each pair of numbers is a word?一对数字就是一个单词吗?

    S:How did you know that?你怎么知道?

    Sarah: Well, two words have already been translated. Here.这两个词不是已经被破译了吗。

    S:John. John, look at this. Soo Lin at the museum, she started to translate the code for us. We didn't see it. Nine mill.约翰,来看这个。素琳在博物馆已经破译了一些密码。我们没注意到。九百万。

    W:Does that mean millions?百万是指钱吗?

    S:Nine million quid. For what? We need to know the end of this sentence.九百万英镑。拿来做什么?我们得破译出后面的意思。

    W:Where are you going?你去哪儿?

    S:To the museum, to the restoration room. We must have been staring right at it.去博物馆,修护室。我们一定看到过。

    W:At what?看到过什么?

    S:The book, John. The book. The key to cracking the cipher. Soo Lin used it to do this. Whilst we were running around the gallery, She started to translate the code. It must be on her desk.书啊,约翰。破译密码用的书。素琳就是用那书破译的密码。我们在陈列室一筹莫展的时候,她就开始破译了。一定在她桌上。

    Sarah: Yeah. No, absolutely. I mean, a quietnight in is just what the doctor ordered. I mean, I love to go out of an evening and wrestle a few Chinese gangsters generally, but a girl can get too much.是啊。那是当然。我喜欢晚上安静地待在家里。我是说,偶尔出去玩玩儿。和几个中国匪徒比划拳脚也挺不错,但女孩子还是免了吧。

    W:OK. Er, shall we get a takeaway?也是。要不咱们叫外卖吧?

    Sarah: Yeah.好啊。

    W:Blimey, that was quick. I'll just pop down.哎呀,来得可真快。我这就下去拿。

    Sarah: Do you want me to lay the table?要我摆下桌子吗?

    W:Um…eat off trays?要摆好了吃吗?

    Sarah: Yeah.对。

    W:Yeah.对。

    Nine mill for Jade pin. Dragon den, black... tramway. The cipher, the book. It's the London A-Z that they use...九百万交换玉簪。龙穴,黑色...电车轨道。用的就是伦敦街道地图他们...

    W:Sorry to keep you. Howmuch do you want? 不好意思久等了。多少钱?

    Man: Do you have it? 在你那儿吗?

    W:What? 什么?

    Man: Do you have the treasure?珍宝在你那儿吗?

    W:I don't understand.我不明白。

    Shan: A book is like a magic garden, carried in your pocket. Chinese proverb, Mr Holmes.书中自有黄金屋,书中自有颜如玉。这是中国的谚语,Holmes先生。

    W:I'm...I'm not Sherlock Holmes.我...我不是夏洛克福尔摩斯。

    Shan: Forgive me, if I do not take your word forit. Debit card, name of... S Holmes. 别怪我不相信你。银行借记卡,户主...福尔摩斯。

    S:Take my card.用我的卡吧。

    W:Yes, that's not actually mine. He lent that to me.但这张不是我的。是他借给我的。

    Shan: And a cheque for£5,000 made out in the name of Mr Sherlock Holmes.五千英镑的支票开给... Sherlock Holmes先生。

    W:Yeah, he gave me that to look after.是的,他让我保管。

    Shan: Tickets from the theatre collected by you, name of Holmes.戏院的入场券购买人也是福尔摩斯。

    W:Yes, OK.是的。

    W:Er, Holmes. I realise whatthis looks like. But I'm not him. 福尔摩斯,看来我是百口莫辩了。但我不是他。

    Shan: We heard it from your own mouth.不是你亲口说的吗。

    W:What?说什么?

    Shan: I am Sherlock Holmes and I always work alone.我是夏洛克福尔摩斯,我总是单枪匹马。

    W:Because no-one else cancompete with my massive intellect. Did I really say that? I suppose there's nouse me trying to persuade you I was doing an impression. 因为我的大智慧无人能敌。我说了吗?我当时只是在调侃,不过说了你也不信。

    Shan: I am Shan.我是单。

    W:You're... You're Shan? Three times we tried to kill you and your companion, Mr Holmes. What does it tell you when an assassin cannot shoot straight? It tells you that they're not really trying.什么…你就是单?福尔摩斯先生,我们曾三次想杀你和同伴。每次暗杀都无功而返这说明什么?说明他们未尽全力。

    S:Tramway. There.电车轨道。那里。

    Shan: Not blank bullets now. OK. If we wanted to kill you, Mr Holmes, we would have done it by now. We just wanted to make you inquisitive. Do you have it?这次不再是空枪了。懂吗。如果我们真要杀你,福尔摩斯先生,你早就死了。我们不过想撩起你的好奇心。你找到了吗?

    W:Do I have what?我找到什么了?

    Shan: The treasure.珍宝。

    W:I don’t know what you’re talking about.我不明白你再说什么。

    Shan: I would prefer to make certain. Everything in the West has its price. And the price for her life - information.我喜欢确保万无一失。在西方万物皆有其价。而她性命的要价-就是我要的信息。

    W:I’m sorry. I’m sorry. 我很抱歉。

    Shan: Where’s the hairpin? 发簪在哪儿?

    W:What? 什么?

    Shan: The Empress pin valued at 9 millionsterling? We already had a buyer in the West, and then one of our people wasgreedy, he took it, brought it back to London, and you, Mr Holmes, have been searching.皇太后价值九百万的发簪在哪儿?我们已经找到了买家,却有人贪得无厌,私吞了它并带回了伦敦,而福尔摩斯先生,你一直煞费苦心在找。

    W:Please, please. Listen to me. I'm not... I'm not Sherlock Holmes. You have to believe me. I haven't found whatever it is you're looking for.拜托。请听我说。我不是…我不是夏洛克福尔摩斯。请相信我。不管你在找什么我都没见过。

    Shan: I need a volunteer from the audience.我需要一位观众当志愿者。

    W:No, please, please!不要,请不要!

    Shan: Ah, thank you, lady. Yes, you'll do very nicely. Ladies and gentlemen, from the distant, moonlit shores of NW1, we present for your pleasure, Sherlock Holmes' pretty companion in a death-defying act.谢谢这位女士。我保证您能表现出色。女士们先生们,来自遥远西北1号线的月光之滨,我们有幸为您献上,夏洛克福尔摩斯的美丽女友表演的死亡挑战。

    W:Please!求你了住手!

    Shan: You've seen the act before. How dull for

    you. You know how it ends.这节目你都看过了。这会失去多少乐趣呀。你都已经知道结局了。

    W:I'm not Sherlock Holmes!我不是夏洛克福尔摩斯!

    Shan: I don't believe you.我不相信。

    相关文章

      网友评论

        本文标题:跟着卷福学英语(十九)

        本文链接:https://www.haomeiwen.com/subject/qufhkttx.html