See the difference between Democracy and Republic
影片摘自:2007-A Matter of Faith Intensive
購買網址:http://www.basharstore.com/a-matter-of-faith-intensive/
中文翻譯:Jimmy
此篇內容(*注:B=巴夏,A=听众):
B:Are you still exploring democracy?
你仍在研究「民主政治」嗎?
A:Absolutely.
當然。
B:Did you find the difference between Democracy and Republic?
那你是否發現「民主」和「共和」這兩種政治體制之間的不同?
A:No. Not as of yet.
沒有,到目前為止還沒有。
B:Shall I help?
需要我幫忙嗎?
A:Please.
勞煩您了。
B:A Democracy is that which allows for an unlimited majority to rule, but absolutely provides no basis for the protection of individual or minority rights.
「民主」是一種「讓絕對多數裁決(以「多數決」為規則)」的制度,但完全沒有提供個人或少數族群基本權利上的保障。
A Republic allows there to be a democratic process of voting, but through the Constitution imposes controls on the majority to allow for individual and minority rights.
「共和」制度保有民主投票(表決)的過程,但它透過(國家所制定的)憲法來控制多數族群,以讓(顧及)個人和少數族群的權利能被重視。
Now which do you prefer?
現在,你比較喜歡哪一個?
A:Honestly, I think I prefer true democracy.
老實說,我比較喜歡真正的民主。
B:I have just told you the difference.
我剛才已告訴你其中的差別了。
A:Right.
好的。
B:So you are saying that you are in favor of an unlimited majority with absolutely no regard for individual or minority rights.
所以你剛才是說,你比較喜歡一種有利於「完全不重視個人或少數族群權利」的絕對多數票決制度嘍?
A:Yes.
是的。
B:Why?
為什麼?
A:Because the will of the people should be the will of the planet.
因為人民(多數民眾)的意志,應該就是地球的意志。
B:But you see the idea is the will of the people are expressed in the Constitution, not in the majority system.
但你們都知道這概念是:人民的意志是「明文陳述在國家的憲法」上,並非以「多數決的投票制度」來表示的。(即:憲法表達著一個民主國家「人民的意志」。)
A:Well… if the Constitution would have help, then that might make sense..
這個嘛…如果「憲法」已有幫助(有被多數人重視)的話,這你說的就有道理…
B:-That's the key…
-這正是關鍵…
A:But since the Constitution are held under the Republic…
但是因為國會是掌控在共和黨…..
B:-That's the key.
-那正是關鍵所在。
A:Then the Republic isn't working.
因而造成「共和制度」並沒有發揮作用。
B:No. The Republic doesn't work when it is replaced by a pure majority democracy. And that is what is happening.
不。當「共和制度」被一種純粹多數決的民主取代時,它才會無法(發揮功能)有效地運作。而這正是你們社會在發生的情況。
A:No, because if we were… if our system were working as a democracy, the situations that were in right now, we wouldn't be in. Because it's not the will of the majority.
不,因為如果我們是那樣的話…,如果我們真的以一種民主制度在運作的話,我們就不會陷入現在的情況。 因為現在這情況不是多數民眾的意志。
B:The situation however that you are missing is that the structure, the form of government, called “Democracy” is what allows for the continuation of what you don't want.
然而關於這情況,你們沒有注意到(正缺漏)的是它運作的結構,也就是你們稱為「民主」的政府體制形式,正是這運作體制使得那些「你們不想看到的情況」持續不斷在發生。
The form of government called the “Republic” is the only way to bring to light how the Republic has been misrepresented.
你們稱為「共和」的政府體制形式,是唯一可以揭露「共和制度已如何被扭曲誤傳」的方式。
A:Okay.
好的。
B:You cannot, as your Einstein said, solve the problem from the same level in which the problem was created.
如你們的愛因斯坦所說的:你無法以「和問題被製造出來相同的」思維層次,來解決問題。(明白「共和制度如何被扭曲誤傳」,才能跨出製造出該問題的思維層次,有效解決問題。)
A:That makes a lot of sense on a lot of levels to me right now. It really doesn't truly…
現在你這解說在許多層面上對我來說,就蠻有道理了。它真的並沒有…
B:Do a little more of your own research. And you will see that just because there may be corruption in a Republic that allows there to be a misrepresentation doesn't mean that you abandon the idea itself .
多做一點屬於你自己的探索研究,你就會明白:只因為共和制度可能有貪腐就讓它被扭曲誤傳,並不表示你們要放棄這制度。
It simply means that you need to educate people to go back to it, which a democracy will not allow you to do.
它只是表示:你們需要教育民眾去重新研究「共和制度」的結構運作——那是一種「民主制度」不會允許你們那樣運作的機制。(民主制度只以選票多寡做裁決)
So do some more research. You will see.
再去做些研究調查吧!你們會明白的。
A:Thank you.
謝謝你。
B:Thank you.
謝謝。
网友评论