I'm worried, really, about how much fuzzy thinking is going on in the world . 我真的很担心,这个世界上到底有多少模糊思维。
People just not thinking straight. 人们只是没有思考清楚。
Consider this following example.思考一下下面的例子。
Imagine you have a spelling bee.想象你有一场拼字比赛。
And this is contrived,but it makes the point. 这是人为的,但它说明了问题。
This‘s a spelling bee and you have to spell the word cat. 这是一场拼字比赛,你必须拼出cat这个单词。
Okay.So one student spells it C-A-T. Person got it right. 好吧。一个学生拼成C-A-T。有人答对了。
The next person spells it K-A-T. That's wrong. You got that wrong, okey? 下一个人拼成K-A-T。这是错误的。你说错了,好吗?
Third person spells it X-Q-W. Do you realize that is marked equally as wrong with the K-A-T? 第三人称拼成X-Q-W。你意识到K-A-T也同样是错的吗?
Wait, you could argue that K-A-T is a better spelling for cat than C-A-T. 等等,你可以说K-A-T比C-A-T更适合拼成cat。
Dictionaries know this because that's how they spell it phonetically. 字典知道这一点,因为这是他们如何拼写它的语音。
And so we've built this system for ouselves where there's an answer , and everything else is not the answer, even when some answers are better than others. 所以我们为我们自己建立了这个系统,在那里有一个答案,而其他的一切都不是答案,即使有些答案比其他的好。
So our brains are absent the wiring capable of coming up with an original thought. 所以我们的大脑没有能够产生原创想法的线路。
If you're an employer and two candidates come up looking for a job, and this's , again, a contrived example.如果你是一个雇主,有两个求职者来找工作,这又是一个不自然的例子。
And you're interviewing the two candidates. 你在面试两位候选人。
And you say, " For part of this interview, I just wanna ask you, what's the height of the spire on this building that we're in ?" 你说,“在这个采访的一部分,我只是想问你,我们所在的这座大楼的塔尖有多高?”
And the candidate say ,"Oh, I was an architect, I majored in architecture for a while and I remorized the heights of all the bulidings on campus. I know . The height of that spire is 150 feet. In fact , 155 feet tall." 候选人说,“哦,我是一名建筑师,我学过一段时间的建筑专业,我后悔校园里所有建筑的高度。我知道。那个尖塔的高度是150英尺。事实上,有155英尺高。”
Okay, turns out that's the right answer. That's the right answer.and the person came up with it (snaps) in seconds. 好吧,这就是正确答案。这是正确答案。然后那个人在几秒钟内就想到了。
That person goes away, the next candidate walks in .下一位候选人走进来。
"Do you know the height of the spire on this building ?" “你知道这座楼的尖塔有多高吗?”
The candidate says,"No, but I'll be right back." 应聘者说:“没有,但是我马上就回来。”
person run out of side, measures the length of the shadow of that spire on the ground ,measures the length of her own shadow, ratios the height to the shadows, comes up with a number . 人跑出一边,量出塔尖在地上的影子的长度,量出自己影子的长度,把影子的高度和影子的高度比起来,得出一个数字。
Runs back inside, "It's about 150 feet." 跑回屋里,“大概有150英尺。”
Who are you goona hire? 你要雇用谁?
I'm hire the person who figured it out even thought it took that person longer 我雇佣的是那个发现问题的人,即使他花了更长的时间
Even though the person's answer is not as precise.即使这个人的回答不那么精确。
I' hire that person. 我雇用那个人。
Cause that person knows how to use the mind in away not previously angaged. 因为那个人知道如何运用头脑,而不是先前生气。
You realize , when you know how to think, it empwers you far beyond those who know only what to think. 你会意识到,当你知道如何思考时,它会让你超越那些只知道思考的人。
Pay attention to me and send you an English story every day 关注我,每天送你一个英语小故事
网友评论