美文网首页乐其英语|乐在其中
比尔盖茨在哈佛大学的演讲(8)

比尔盖茨在哈佛大学的演讲(8)

作者: 老祝读书 | 来源:发表于2018-10-02 18:31 被阅读3次

点击查看音频

I left campus knowing little about the millions of young people cheated out of educational opportunities here in this country. And I knew nothing about the millions of people living in unspeakable poverty and disease in developing countries.

我离开校园的时候,根本不知道在这个国家里,有几百万的年轻人无法获得接受教育的机会。我也不知道,发展中国家里有无数的人们生活在无法形容的贫穷和疾病之中。

It took me decades to find out.

我花了几十年才明白了这些事情。
You graduates came to Harvard at a different time. You know more about the world’s inequities than the classes that came before. In your years here, I hope you’ve had a chance to think about how – in this age of accelerating technology – we can finally take on these inequities, and we can solve them.

在座的各位同学,你们是在与我不同的时代来到哈佛的。你们比以前的学生,更多地了解世界是怎样的不平等。在你们的哈佛求学过程中,我希望你们已经思考过一个问题,那就是在这个新技术加速发展的时代,我们怎样最终应对这种不平等,以及我们怎样来解决这个问题。

I know nothing about

我对…一无所知。

1.I know nothing about Pin DuoDuo
我对拼多多一无所知。

2.I know nothing about my new neighbour.
我对我的新邻居一无所知。

3.He pretends to know nothing about it.
他假装对此事一无所知。

cheated out of ...

被骗去了...;被剥夺了...

  1. She was cheated out of a thousand yuan last month
    上个月她被骗走了一千元钱。

2.I think we have been cheated out of our birthright.
我想我们已经被剥夺了与生俱来的权利。

  1. We were angry when we found we had been cheated out of our money.
    当我们发现我们被骗走了钱时,我们很生气。

have a chance to...

有机会做...

1.Can I have a chance to date you?
我可以有机会跟你交往吗?

2.If you hard work , you will have a chance to win .
如果你努力工作,你就有机会取胜。

3.I finally have a chance to show off.
终于可以也让我表现一次了。

欢迎关注乐其英语I乐在其中公众号,附有到演讲音频

相关文章

网友评论

    本文标题:比尔盖茨在哈佛大学的演讲(8)

    本文链接:https://www.haomeiwen.com/subject/cqjaoftx.html